My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal health

TMI - Large amounts of mucus / discharge postpartum

6 replies

ktphy · 02/11/2022 03:36

Anyone experienced lots of mucus / egg-white type discharge postpartum? It started about 9 weeks PP and has been on and off since then. Now at 14 weeks PP and the amount is increasing. I don't think it's ovulation - has been going on for many days at a time for 5 weeks and I've not had a period. I'm exclusively breastfeeding too.

Going to see a gynecologist next week but looking to hear from anyone else that has had this.

OP posts:
Trying81 · 05/11/2022 05:45

No advice, but following as I’m experiencing the same

buckingmad · 05/11/2022 06:19

I’d forgotten about this but yes I did. Settled down after a bit.

Pregnancyjourney1 · 04/03/2023 23:24

Yes I am the same as you! About 9 weeks PP I had excessive mucous discharge and now it has turned into bits of blood. I had my first period about a month ago and I have bled ever since, but in fits and starts ( most the time it is like spotting rather than a period) also experiencing pelvic pain on one side and feel like there is something I can feel on the left side? I’m booked in for a pelvic scan whether there has been some damage from the birth as I had a forceps delivery? I also suffer from pcos and I’ve read that the hormones can cause you to spot between periods? Anyone else experiencing similar issues postpartum?

ktphy · 06/03/2023 19:46

Update - I got it checked out by the doctor. She did swabs and they all came back normal. Doctor didn't think there was anything to worry about. Baby is now 7.5m and I still get the occasional bit of unexpected egg-white stuff but a lot less than before. For reference, I also have diminished ovarian reserve, so not sure if that makes any difference hormonally in this!

OP posts:
lotsoflove95 · 22/03/2024 18:01

Pregnancyjourney1 · 04/03/2023 23:24

Yes I am the same as you! About 9 weeks PP I had excessive mucous discharge and now it has turned into bits of blood. I had my first period about a month ago and I have bled ever since, but in fits and starts ( most the time it is like spotting rather than a period) also experiencing pelvic pain on one side and feel like there is something I can feel on the left side? I’m booked in for a pelvic scan whether there has been some damage from the birth as I had a forceps delivery? I also suffer from pcos and I’ve read that the hormones can cause you to spot between periods? Anyone else experiencing similar issues postpartum?

Hi I'm going through same experience and I want to know the outcome thanks in advance c

Pregnancyjourney1 · 05/04/2024 21:19

Hi, thanks for your message. So it’s taken around 11 months to be seen by the hospital, but now I have been, things have moved more quickly. The bleeding seems to have eased compared to what it was last year but my periods are prolonged and they last much longer than they used to. I had a hysteroscopy which found that I had polyps on my uterus, I had a Polypectomy done on Wednesday, I am just waiting for the results to come back but this can take up to 6 weeks. I am relieved that they have been removed and I knew that something didn’t seem as it should due to the continued bleeding/discharge that I had. I hope that you also manage to get some answers too but I am feeling better to have had the procedure done now.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.