My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal health

Pain 6months after C section

6 replies

Lady929 · 28/10/2022 12:31

Has anyone had similar? I’ve had the odd pains in my back etc since my C section but in the last few weeks I’ve started to have a bruised/dull type feeling kind of below my left rib cage. I’m getting sharp sensation pains in my back and round my sides. I’m scared to death that it’s something bad so until I go to the doctors on Monday I was just wondering if anyone had anything similar 🙁

I have terrible health anxiety and thinking the worst.

OP posts:
Bigfishlittlefishcardboardfox · 28/10/2022 12:34

This is normal in my experience. I definitely had some twinges and pain until 2 years on. Worth seeing a doctor in case there is a hernia or anything like that. But I think most likely it’s just inner stitches dissolving and your body healing. Have you recently stopped breast feeding? I found hormonal changes contributed too.

NCFT0922 · 28/10/2022 12:35

I would go to the GP. I’ve had 4 c sections and don’t recognise what you’re describing.

LemonSwan · 28/10/2022 12:53

I am 6mo and while I don’t have it there. I do have pain under the right shoulder blade down to my rib cage on the back. I was thinking it was my lung for a while.

I also have on the opposite side if you were to slice through my body an uncomfortable hernia type feeling under my left rib cage to the front.

The pain gets better if I make a real effort to keep my posture correct. And stretch and do light exercise like yoga. So I have made the assumption that it’s from the destruction of the core and my body has been compensating in odd ways to try and hold everything up.

I am starting private 1-1 Core therapy to try to rebuild and strengthen correctly. Will let you know how it goes.

Lady929 · 28/10/2022 15:48

@Bigfishlittlefishcardboardfox thank you for the reply! I didn’t BF so can’t be that. I suffer from
very bad anxiety so maybe all sorts of stress levels haven’t helped either.

@LemonSwan thank you I would be interested to know how you get on 😊 I’m hoping it’s all the lifting and carrying baby still that is probably making things worse. They attempted to put the spinal block in quite a few times and I’m thinking that might have caused some issues somewhere.

OP posts:
LemonSwan · 29/10/2022 23:07

Lady929 · 28/10/2022 15:48

@Bigfishlittlefishcardboardfox thank you for the reply! I didn’t BF so can’t be that. I suffer from
very bad anxiety so maybe all sorts of stress levels haven’t helped either.

@LemonSwan thank you I would be interested to know how you get on 😊 I’m hoping it’s all the lifting and carrying baby still that is probably making things worse. They attempted to put the spinal block in quite a few times and I’m thinking that might have caused some issues somewhere.

Honestly these babes are getting so heavy! And the shit our cores have gone through on top! I would not be surprised if it’s something like that. Back/ posture / core pain can be crazy and not affect you how you think it would. Still worth getting it checked out though.

Even DP is complaining and he has a manual job, youngish strapping 6ft+ lad. These baby cots are really not the best ergonomically. And the twisting and leaning you have to do. Getting the car seats in and out. It’s honestly disastrous for the body. So try not to panic.

I am starting next week on core core core and quite excited. I am doing 3 sessions a week from now to Xmas. 1 private 1-1 Pilates reformer therapy with a lady experienced in post natal and physiotherapy. 1 light mum and baby yoga and one yoga adult group session with a teacher who is experienced in postnatal and has said she will run the block as a core building session.

I feel like I am throwing everything at it and if it’s not sorted by Xmas then I will be back to the doc saying there is something wrong with my lung and I think I a have hernia 😬 Fingers crossed!

LemonSwan · 11/11/2022 18:56

@Lady929

How are you getting on now?

You said you would be interested how I got on and 3 weeks in my shoulder/back/lung pain is gone. Turns out my whole body was on a kilter from pregnancy and the right hand muscles had all been shortened; causing tightness and pain that side and putting too much pressure on my left pulling open my corset muscles - which created that feeling of instability and near hernia feeling.

Am really impressed with it. Would 100% recommend the 1-1 Pilates. Am sending DP next for his back pain.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.