My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal health

Hard lump above c-section incision

5 replies

Emeraldgreen1 · 12/02/2022 17:49

I had my second emergency c-section 11 days ago. The new incision is slightly above the old one. The other day I stupidly lifted my 3 year old, and since then I’ve noticed a long hard, tender area above the new incision, that runs the whole length. I’m not sure if this is something that you can sometimes expect from the incision (scar tissue?) or if in fact lifting my DC has caused some damage. Has anyone experienced a similar hard area?

OP posts:
Emeraldgreen1 · 14/02/2022 07:31

Bump

OP posts:
whysoserious123 · 15/02/2022 14:53

I know what your talking about I think. I had a hard lump in my belly button ( possibly a hernia) but it seemed to go away

Sorry I'm not any help. Call your health visitor / midwife or GP as it's important to get that checked out b

Millymay13 · 15/03/2022 22:13

I had a planned c section nearly 7 months ago now and I had the same thing. In fact now I can still feel a bit of a ridge going from hip to hip under the skin a bit above the scar. I mentioned it to my gp at the 6 we’ll check up and she didn’t seem concerned. But it’s maybe worth you contacting your doctor so they can check there’s nothing going on in there that shouldn’t.

wingingit33 · 16/03/2022 17:28

Haematoma x

shanice29 · 23/03/2022 08:52

I had a c section 13 days ago and I have a lump on the right side under my wound. I mentioned it to my midwife and she looked and felt and said it's a collection of blood underneath the wound and is normal. I only have it on the one side but she seemed confident it'll dissipate in time x

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.