My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal health

When did your PND get better?

11 replies

Theywereonabreak · 20/08/2021 00:14

Just that really. Need some hope.

OP posts:
HumunaHey · 21/08/2021 17:35

Just giving this a bump for you.

I have no experience of PND but I know there are plenty of people on here who do. How old is your little one? Is he/she your first?

Coffeeanddarkchoc · 21/08/2021 17:40

Hi @Theywereonabreak sorry for jumping in here but I'd like to know the answer to this too. And also how it got better - time/meds/therapy?

Theywereonabreak · 21/08/2021 23:44

My DS is turning 1 soon. I do feel I'm over the worst of it but my anxiety really fluctuates. He is extremely high needs so I couldn't keep my group therapy appointments and don't have much support to leave DS. He is indeed my first (and sometimes I promise myself my last Grin )

OP posts:
muffindays · 21/08/2021 23:47

I didn't get treatment and I wish I had as I think it dragged it out considerably. If you can't make the group therapy might you be able to make some other therapy even if it's just online or something?

BeefSupreme · 21/08/2021 23:49

I’m looking for hope as well. Sorry I don’t have an answer for you, op.

Sopreh · 23/08/2021 10:18

I need some help too. My baby is 5 months old and I'm just not myself. Things are getting bad between my husband which is now an additional stress.

Yaty · 23/08/2021 10:26

I think mine peaked at about 5 months where I was in a right mess mood wise. Have your periods returned yet? I did find that after maybe 2 cycles I was pretty much felt back to 'normal' in terms of my mood/emotions, baby would have been around 8/9 months. Shes 1 now and I have ocd anyway so still struggle with certain stuff relating to that but I found the cbt was helpful to manage it and feel fine mood wise. Are you able to access any other type of therapy, mine was over the phone and it was still helpful and I could fit around naps etc.

Theywereonabreak · 23/08/2021 14:11

My period returned just recently and I was pretty bad just before it but after that first period, I did feel a tiny bit more normal.

OP posts:
Theywereonabreak · 23/08/2021 14:12

P.s I hope those of you who responded are doing ok :(

OP posts:
Theywereonabreak · 23/08/2021 14:13
  • :)
OP posts:
Planetsandstars · 23/08/2021 14:14

@Sopreh

I need some help too. My baby is 5 months old and I'm just not myself. Things are getting bad between my husband which is now an additional stress.

I can sympathise with this. I’ve just had coffee with a friend and we both expressed similar feelings, if this helps at all.
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.