My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal health

Post partum pulmonary embolism

1 reply

Jordgaleyx · 06/09/2020 09:37

Hi everyone, I’m just looking for a bit of advice I hope someone can help, I was diagnosed at 1 week post partum with a pulmonary embolism after my anti coagulation blood test came back positive and then a VQ scan confirmed it, I was put on Eliquis (apixiban) tablets for 3 months which I have finished on the 2nd September. I was supposed to have my clinic review on the 19th August however it was changed to a telephone appointment due to Covid-19, where a pharmacist rang me and told me that they won’t be doing any further tests and for me to just finish my course of blood thinners and “keep an eye” on any symptoms returning, and that was it! I have suffered horrendously with anxiety through all of this and so have spent the last few days CONVINCED my symptoms are back and the treatment didn’t work and the clot hasn’t gone, and can’t help feeling a bit fobbed off. Should I take this further? Was just really hoping for peace of mind so I could put closure on this time, sorry for the rambling, hope someone can help x

OP posts:
winterisstillcoming · 06/09/2020 09:38

Call your GP. If you've got symptoms or you're unsure, call 111

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.