My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal health

Sex 6 weeks after section now heavy bleeding - normal?

8 replies

Gettingonabitnow · 05/02/2020 16:04

Hi

Finally put my other half out of his misery, poor guy, he’s been patient.

Had light bleeding immediately after, thought would just be because it’s been a while. But now five days on after sleeping together it’s heavy bleeding - heavy for me anyway, going through a tampon every two hours. I’m back on the pill and not due a break bleed for another ten days.

Felt a wave of dizziness earlier. But that could just be tiredness of a newborn i guess.

I haemorrhaged heavily after giving birth to both my children...so just thinking the worst I guess.

Thanks x

OP posts:
Mama1980 · 05/02/2020 16:37

I would say you need to call a dr and ask their advice.
It could be nothing but the fact it's got heavier and you previously haemorrhaged suggests you need to be seen by a dr.

eurochick · 05/02/2020 16:38

I think you need to seek medical advice.

babynunber3 · 06/02/2020 19:45

How did you go on? Did you get any medical advice?
I haemorrhaged 2 weeks pp and it turned out to be an infection this was the day after having sex!! Although the doctor said it was nothing to do with having sex!!!
Then 5 weeks pp started to bleed heavily turned out to be a period! Your hormones are all over so could be a early period I bled a lot heavier than usual and it lasted 15 days!!! I had 9 days off then started period again!! Currently day 3 of second period only 8 weeks pp!!

Gettingonabitnow · 10/02/2020 12:22

Hi

I’m still bleeding but it has reduced. I’m now due my 7 days break on my pill so will see what happens then.

I did ring the postnatal ward who said see your gp, but to be honest I didn’t have the energy to battle through the receptionist to make an appointment, drag newborn out etc etc. Bad I know.

X

OP posts:
justasking111 · 10/02/2020 12:24

Well if you end up in hospital who will care for your baby then? Talk to your midwife, health visitor at least please.

Commonwasher · 10/02/2020 12:38

I would def get a telephone appointment with your GP, phone now before afternoon surgery starts. You had complications after surgery so you get it checked.

WardrobeJumper · 10/02/2020 13:35

Not normal

Gettingonabitnow · 10/02/2020 15:00

Rang the HV - she said it’s probably my period or as a result of starting the pill again. She said it can wait until my 8 week checkup - a week today.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.