My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal health

Prolapse

4 replies

MoonStarsPlanets · 05/08/2019 15:47

I think I've got a prolapse. Not been to my gp yet. Was wondering whether I should go asap or wait till my 6 week check? I'm 3 weeks time?

Please tell me your experiences, whether you needed surgery? Or other treatments? How has this affected your sex life?

OP posts:
JiltedJohnsJulie · 11/08/2019 12:20

If you think there's something wrong, I wouldn't wait until the 6 week check. Much better to go tomorrow and get checked out Thanks

Aspenn17 · 21/08/2019 23:43

I had a prolapse but had no symptoms that I was aware of, it was discovered by the doc at my 6 week check up. I was referred for physio, I had 2 sessions and then that was it, all fine. I was told to download a free nhs app called Squeezy, it sends you reminders on when to do pelvic floor exercises. I think only really severe prolapses need surgery so don’t worry. It didn’t effect my sex life really, I went off sex after my diagnosis as I was embarrassed but after a few months I got over it. Sex feels the same for me and DH says it feels the same as it used to for him as well. If you are only 3 weeks post it might just be that everything still feels a bit weird down there? But maybe mention it to your midwife or get a docs appt if you are worried, if you do have one then it means you’ll get referred for physio sooner rather than later.

Summer2019NewMummy · 22/08/2019 16:07

Thank you @Aspenn17. I've got my 6 week check end of next week. I'll mention it if it's not picked up on.

Aspenn17 · 28/08/2019 21:19

No problem. Hope your check up went ok! 👍🏼

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.