My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal health

What's normal?

3 replies

dancingelephants · 29/07/2019 19:27

I'm 11 days pp with first baby. I'd like to hear other people's experiences so to try and gage what's normal/look out for anything that's not.

When did you stop bleeding? I'm not bleeding a lot. Sorry if tmi, just a pinky/yellow mucus. Not having to change the pad very often as not a huge amount.

I'm getting the odd shooting pain, down there. But not very often. And just uncomfortable.

I've had a look down there. First time I looked.. very swollen, but not terrible looking. This has all since pretty much gone back to normal. I can't stop my urine flow, once I start going. Currently working on my pelvic floor. How long did it take for you to notice a difference?

I've got some internal stitches (following manual placenta removal). How long did your stitches take to heal?

OP posts:
dancingelephants · 31/07/2019 09:44

Bump

OP posts:
PixieLumos · 31/07/2019 09:47

I was never brave enough to have a look! Bleeding stopped properly after about 11 or 12 days I think. The second week was definitely worse - stitches very itchy and felt very achy down there, third week everything felt fine and fairly normal again.

PixieLumos · 31/07/2019 09:50

Oh and pelvic floor - I thought everything was pretty fine and then did an exercise DVD when DC was about 8 weeks, the star jumps didn’t go well, keep working that floor Grin

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.