My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal health

Episiotomy scar/stitches

2 replies

emma911030 · 14/03/2019 22:21

Hey ladies,
I had my baby nearly 3 weeks ago, I have had my stitches checked 3 times last time was Monday and the midwife said it's looking almost healed which seems a bit quick as people say it takes longer for a cut to knit back together nicely in comparison to a tear as it's not jagged and as easy to heal. Either way it sometimes feels really tight and really quite sore.. I was wondering if there's any sort of cream/moisturiser that I can put on it to keep the skin around it moisturise to stop it feeling so tight. I've only ever had scars on other parts of my body which I've just used normal moisturiser but being down here I wondered if there's anything specific I should or could use?
Any help would be great, thank you x

OP posts:
JiltedJohnsJulie · 15/03/2019 21:53

Oh I can't remember what I used. Congratulations on your LO and hopefully someone will be along soon Smile

Badgergirl123 · 28/03/2019 23:08

Sylk is a lubricant that my women's physio recommended for around scar area- nothing bad in it at all. Only need a tiny bit. My episiotomy gives me no problems now at 3 months PP (touch wood!!).

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.