My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal health

Baby no.5 & panic attacks?

2 replies

11March16 · 01/02/2019 13:19

Hi all, iv never posted on a site before so this is all new to me but here goes.. basically I had baby no.5 6 weeks ago & the past 3 weeks iv been experiencing what I think are panic attacks, I keep thinking something bad is gunna happen to my baby im absolutely terrified of SID I keep checking to see if he's breathing, I think hes choking when feeding (as hes been conjested lately) & im not breastfeeding, iv not really been sleeping, my partner is a great help but it takes a while for me to calm down after an attack..im scared to talk to my HV or doctor incase they ever think im incapable of taking care of my children or they involve social services or anything. My kids are doing great at schools & nurseries ect & they have a great family connection but soon as it comes to bedtime I completely isolate myself so they dont see how I get. I come from a big irish travelling family which makes it hard for me to talk or have friends outside mt community my family dont understand & I dont ever think they will. Please if anyone has advice for me id really really appreciate it & thank you x

OP posts:
JiltedJohnsJulie · 03/02/2019 08:48

Congratulations on your new baby and welcome to MN Smile

It does sound like you may have post natal illness.

Could you talk to apni? The helpline is staffed by women who've been through post natal illness so will know how you are feeling Thanks

JiltedJohnsJulie · 04/02/2019 18:49

How are things today 11?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.