My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal health

Inflamed ribs seven months after giving birth

1 reply

dino98 · 11/10/2018 21:01

Until 35 weeks pregnant my son's head was wedged up in my right ribs (his head was in the 97th percentile) and then when he finally flipped to head down he would kick me in the ribs! It was very uncomfortable but assumed that after I gave birth it would all be over. About two months after giving birth the ribs on my right side were still really really sensitive, I couldn't even let the water from the shower hit my ribs directly without it hurting a lot (if pushing out a baby is a 10 on a pain scale this was a 7), so I went to the doctor and she said I just had inflamed ribs and to take ibuprofen and that it would go away soon. I've been taking ibuprofen everyday for nearly 5 months now and there's been no difference. Has anyone else had this? Does it ever go away?

OP posts:
MacNcheese87 · 11/10/2018 21:30

Go back to the doctor. It could be more than just inflamed ribs. It could be nothing, but it could be another condition which can be treated more appropriately.

If it's not clearing up after 7 months, chances are it will not clear up on its own.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.