My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal health

Pain after section

1 reply

StylishDuck · 28/01/2018 22:05

How much pain is normal after a section? I had one 2 weeks ago and was on paracetamol and diclofenac for a week afterwards. I stopped taking the painkillers nearly a week ago and have felt fine all week. (I've been trying to take it easy though.) However tonight I've got a sharp stabbing pain just to the right of my bellybutton, so a few inches above my wound. The wound still looks like it's healing well, there's no weeping or signs of infection. Should I be worried about this pain or is it normal? I've still got some painkillers left so I'm going to take some tonight.

OP posts:
thenewaveragebear1983 · 29/01/2018 13:58

I still get occasional sharp stabby pains 2 years after mine!

If it’s well away from your scar/wound it is probably a side effect of everything knitting back together. I used to get this very odd, deep, sort of ‘unconnected’ pain that could take my breath away. If you’re only 2 weeks post section I would check with your health visitor.

Also, for me, and especially with my 2nd section, ‘take it easy’ meant literally do absolutely nothing. Even lifting the baby (although he was a whopper to be fair) resulted in pain and bleeding, even 4 weeks or more after the op. That doesn’t apply for everyone, but it definitely was for me.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.