My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal health

c section pain 5 months

5 replies

Bumplovin · 14/05/2017 16:33

So I'm really worried about my c section pain. I'd been pretty painfree and had been going about as normal lifted suitcases for holiday (5 months post op) but my scar has become really painful I saw gp and he said it should be well healed and I won't have done damage but the pain is scaring me it's like a burning stinging. And a few twinges. Do I go back to the gp I don't know if they will think I'm pestering them- is this normal?

OP posts:
DunedinGirl · 14/05/2017 16:42

Was your scar numb at all? I had the odd experience of having little nerve-like pains as the feeling came back about the same time. I always think it is better to have it checked out rather than worry.

Bumplovin · 14/05/2017 17:11

It wasn't particularly numb no. The out of hours doctor had a feel yesterday and said it was fine but it's almost more painful today. It's a week since I lifted.

OP posts:
Bumplovin · 14/05/2017 17:12

Don't think it's helping I'm constipated so I feel there's pressure on it

OP posts:
LoveMyLittleSuperhero · 14/05/2017 17:16

I have burning stingy pains and tugging twinges (7 months on) because of adhesions round the scar. Did the gp have a feel of your tummy/scar?

Bumplovin · 15/05/2017 16:38

I've just been to the gp he's prescribed some ibruprofen gel he said scar tissue is not very stretchy and can strain easier just got to rest- really upset with myself for setting myself back

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.