MrsForgetful · 28/04/2010 18:57

I do.

OP posts:
herbietea · 28/04/2010 22:09

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn

fembear · 28/04/2010 22:13

Bloody hell.
I have finally heard the clip on the News. I think the way he refers to 'that woman' in such a condescending way is awful. You can hear the contempt in his voice.

If this was DC you would all be baying that he was out of touch with the common people. Sounds to me like it is GB that has no empathy with common people.

lolster · 28/04/2010 22:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nighbynight · 28/04/2010 22:20

I feel sorry for him, he must want to curl up and die.

(I did laugh like a drain when I read the news though)

alicatte · 28/04/2010 22:23

I don't feel sorry for him - I feel sorry for her, I am glad he recognises that he lashed out in an inappropriate way. I feel a bit shocked at the journalists though. How could you make capital at the price of an old person's pain.

MrsForgetful · 28/04/2010 22:39

"I feel a bit shocked at the journalists though. How could you make capital at the price of an old person's pain.

Agree with that 100%

OP posts:
islandwitch · 28/04/2010 22:41

I feel really sorry for him. Poor man- he is entitled to his opinion and he was off camera.

He didn't swear or ridicule the woman. We all know what it's like- you deal with someone politely, then privately complain. That's just human nature and I thought is was very refreshing to hear him talk like a normal person. It shows his human side.

Poor bloke, he had to spend ages grovelling to her. Shame he was overheard.

I do like him because he is not fake. He's strong and determined. Maybe he is a difficult occasionally, but who isn't?

I don't like many Labour policies but I do like Gordon. Here lies my conflict about who to vote for!

claig · 28/04/2010 22:43

Just watched it again on the news. It's curtains for him. He is two-faced. There is the rictus grin face he shows to the public, reminiscent of the Joker in the Batman movies, and then there is the real ugly face as shown by his comments in the car. Now he'll have to face the music.

QuintessentialShadow · 28/04/2010 22:46

So nobody else agreed with his comments?

How odd!

nelliesmum · 28/04/2010 23:00

I agreed with his comments, her views on the Eastern Europeans were bigotted (and wrong).

Mercedes · 28/04/2010 23:03

Its the first thing that's happened in the election that made me think I should vote Labour. If she was a bigot fair play to him for recognising and saying it.

Conundrumish · 28/04/2010 23:03

"I feel a bit shocked at the journalists though. How could you make capital at the price of an old person's pain. - old person's GAIN more like. She will make a fortune over this.

claig · 28/04/2010 23:08

good for her. I hope she gains greatly. It will be the only good thing Gordon Brown ever did for her, in spite of himself.

Chaotica · 28/04/2010 23:09

I agree, QS and Mercedes - she is a bigot on that subject at least (and I dread to think what other politicians say in private).

It makes me feel better about GB and I might even vote labour now (I was wavering).

alicatte · 28/04/2010 23:09

She was crying - then she covered it up. I hope she does get some peace of mind.

rasputin · 28/04/2010 23:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

wannaBe · 28/04/2010 23:10

I agreed with his comments.

Apparently the sun started to interview her but stopped part way through as there was nothing of interest.

paisleyleaf · 28/04/2010 23:11

He's going to be feeling back footed for the debate tomorrow evening now.

wannaBe · 28/04/2010 23:11

and I disagree that this will have cost him the election. Overwhelmingly people feel sorry for him and say he was entitled to have a private opinion.

Plus it could be said that there's no such thing as bad publicity. The whole day has been focussed purely on GB and DC and NC haven't had a mention!

fembear · 28/04/2010 23:22

GB deserves the fallout he is getting over this.
All his walkabout, man-in-the-street encounters have been stagemanaged. He has only spoken to planted sympathisers and supporters. He has been carefully shielded from anyone who might possibly disagree with him.
When he did finally meet a 'real' person, he didn't have a clue how to deal with them. This sort of encounter should be meat and drink to a politician, especially one as long-standing as GB.
He is out of touch.

FiveGoMadInDorset · 28/04/2010 23:23

No

noopska · 28/04/2010 23:24

i do

can you imagine the stress and toil of campaigning?

In most jobs people deal with with stress by venting off 'in private' about colleages/clients/members of the public

it just showed him being a human

we are all flawed no? brown for his in car grumbles and the lady for her slightly bigoted views 'all these eastern europeans - where they flockin from' well um eastern perhaps?

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

noopska · 28/04/2010 23:26

all campaigning by party leaders is stage managed

there is no real man in the street

APassionateWoman · 28/04/2010 23:27

I really like him.

The 'Sue' gaffe made him all the more human in my eyes.

He has been left with Blair's legacy re: war and scapegoated for the collapse of the (world) economy.

Yet still he emerges (in my eyes) as the only robust, substantial candidate for PM.

I am voting for him.

mylovelymonster · 28/04/2010 23:29

Me too. Is rubbish all the wasted time on this silly 'incident' - what about the ishoos!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.