My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Politics

Party conference - anyone been/going/at?

5 replies

Ewe · 03/10/2010 20:08

Just curious as to whether anyone here attends these events, I am on my way to tory party conference, think it should be interesting as first conference since in power but I am going for work related reasons.

Did anyone go to Labour/Lib Dem? How were they?

OP posts:
girlafraid · 05/10/2010 10:07

Not this time but have been before. General rule is that the Labour conference is quite a dour affair while the Tories and the Lib Dems involve plenty of "extra curricular" activities

Enjoy! Or not :)

Mummyinthedark · 05/10/2010 13:03

Am just on my way back. I go every year, to Tory and Labour, as it is part of my job to handle Govt affairs. I don't think Labour party conference is dour thoug - there are joust as many partied as there are at the Tory event every year.

Mummyinthedark · 05/10/2010 13:03

Sorry about typos, iPad on the train!

Ewe · 06/10/2010 14:58

Did you have fun mummy? I have a hideous case of conference flu so ended up coming back yesterday too. I had only been to spring conference before an it had a very different feel.

Everyone in very high spirits, of course. Only thing I thought was a pity is that SO much was in the secure zone due to the ICC being so big, lots of people said Manchester was better last year as they had less space in secure zone so fringe events had lots of locals and therefore were a bit more interesting/more debate. Which I for one would have welcomed!

I didn't seem to meet anyone who wasn't actually a tory.

OP posts:
mrsdennisleary · 08/10/2010 07:41

Do all three every year - attend Tory and Lib Dems for work and Lab as member.

Tory conference attendees so old. Age profile of those in hall not really reduced over last few years. Lab felt much younger this year than last few years. Guess it was because so many students etc were working in leadership campaigns

Labour exhibition area dead. Tory Stalls had best giveways this year. Have restocked on rulers, pencils, pens etc for family.

Like reaction at work when I bring out my Countryside Alliance note pad, Conservative MEPs post- its etc

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.