Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Politics

Boris Bikes are go!

9 replies

longfingernails · 30/07/2010 10:50

Has anyone working in central London used one?

I am tempted even though I haven't cycled for years. I might give it a few weeks for the teething problems to be sorted out though!

a news linky

OP posts:
longfingernails · 30/07/2010 15:46

Hmmm it seems some leftist idiots have decided that they don't like Barclays stumping up £25m for the costs.

lydall.standard.co.uk/2010/07/picture-exclusive-antiwar-protesters-deface-borisbikes.html

They are probably the same sort who decided it would be good to go and sabotage BP petrol stations the other day. As if that would actually hurt BP, rather than the small business owners who work so hard to keep their franchises afloat.

I am sure they would prefer we were all taxed more instead.

OP posts:
TDiddy · 30/07/2010 23:18

Well done Boris for seeing through Ken's idea. really, well done.

WhatWouldMadonnaDo · 30/07/2010 23:28

I really want a go on one!

TDiddy · 31/07/2010 07:58

Got some parked outside my office. Just had a great idea of going for a fun ride through the city with my team one lunch time.

TDaDa · 29/08/2010 10:42

Most of these remain parked outside ....I think problem with headgear proptection not being available. London is a dangerous place.

TDaDa · 29/08/2010 10:43

.....Central London is a dangerous place to cycle

longfingernails · 20/09/2010 14:18

Has anyone else seen a pink Boris bike today?

Or am I just going completely crazy?

OP posts:
FreeButtonBee · 21/09/2010 11:52

I've seen loads of men on them in particular. Work in the City and often see suits whizzing around to meetings/whatever with their briefcase on the front.

Which is great for cyclists in general as I reckon men are more likely to be short-tempered with cyclists so more men cycling means more patience for cyclists, I think.

I think they are fab. Haven't joined yet but very tempted. Particularly for a quick whizz down to Oxford St after work or just to shorten the tube journey a bit.

longfingernails · 21/09/2010 14:04

Hmm the pink Boris bikes are for London fashion week

blogs.independent.co.uk/2010/09/17/boris-bikes-dressed-for-london-fashion-week/

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.