My feed

to access all these features

Pedants' corner

Meant to ask this some months ago but only just remembered....

1 reply

LadyOfTheFlowers · 21/11/2010 23:14

There was a face cream advert on a little while ago and they used the word 'tautening'.

Is that actually a word?

Sorry if it has been asked/discussed already.

OP posts:
Goingspare · 22/11/2010 10:29

Yes, it's in the OED. There's not much evidence for it though; I don't think it's in common use.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.