Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

What to get 3mo for Christmas?

7 replies

LittlemissMama67 · 30/09/2022 15:08

I'm struggling for ideas of what to get our third baby for Christmas, she's 2 weeks old now but will be 3mo at Christmas.

im not going to go overboard but ideas so far are.

a jumperoo, clothes, something sentimental (baby bangle)

im really looking for toy suggestions appropriate for that age

OP's posts:
Please
or

FTM2022SS · 30/09/2022 15:17

These were (and still are!) my LO's favourite toys which I dangle from the play mat.

For a 3 month old, I would also maybe think of a bumbo seat? We have the mamas&papas snug seat and they love that when they get fed up lay down!

Maybe some sensory balls but they won't probably play with them till 5/6 months old!

I need ideas for 9 month old for Christmas, it seems a more in-between age for toys haha!

Please
or

EmmaInParis · 30/09/2022 16:16

Something sentimental like a personalised memory box where you can keep some of her favourite clothes/toys, first shoes & any other special things from her childhood? I’d get something for you rather than her at that age and save your money for nice things you can do together as a family at Christmas and beyond. Congratulations on your new baby too! X

Please
or

EmmaInParis · 30/09/2022 16:18

Oh and in terms of toys I think mine enjoyed wrist rattles and foot finders around that age or any of the Lamaze toys really. A sensory box with scarves and a foil blanket is fun for them too

Please
or

EmmaInParis · 30/09/2022 16:18

And the felt flaps books are really nice too for when they’re just starting to grab at stuff

Please
or

Isonthecase · 30/09/2022 17:14

Good reminder on the jumperoo, we're getting ours one too!

I have on my list:
Rewrap some baby toys from the older two
Special teddy
Memory box
Matching pj and slippers (maybe)
Book

Stocking
Wooden toys
Bath toys (they go manky so you have to get new ones once a year)
Baby snack
Clothes
Toy
One of those crinkly newspaper things

Thought I might add some toiletries he needs as well if it looks much smaller than the older kids ones. Trying not to go overboard so most of it is things he needs or second hand.

Please
or

Margo34 · 30/09/2022 22:16

Stacking cups!

My DC1 was the same age for Christmas 2020 and stacking cups were the best toy, still played with nowadays 2 years on. We also gave a "my first Christmas" bauble keepsake, and a hardback book of nursery rhymes, and some bibado bibs ready for weaning at 6m.

Congratulations on your newborn 💕

Please
or

Confusion101 · 30/09/2022 23:50

Joining this for some suggestions also. I'm hoping to give my family some helpful suggestions because they will come with ridiculous things otherwise and my house is small. (I mean that in the least grabby way).

Books are at the top of my list anyway. 😊

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?