Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

3yo birthday party ideas

2 replies

Mamabear04 · 30/09/2022 14:23

DD is turning 3 next month and I was hoping to have a small party at home for her. She's not at nursery yet so was just going to invite a few friends kids similar ages (2-3yo) probably around 8 kids in total just for a couple of hours. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could do? Obviously balloons, music and birthday cake but should I do games? Or....? Really no idea what's age appropriate for so many kids that age...

OP posts:
Please
or

Iheartmykyndle · 30/09/2022 15:52

I don't think they understand party games at that age. We went to a party earlier this year and my friend did a little craft area so they could all make a unicorn (that was the theme) which one of the grandparents oversaw, there was a dressing up corner (and a few of us took extra outfits round the day before so there was loads of choice), corner with all toy trucks, home corner, she pushed the furniture back so there was room to run round after balloons. She used toys that she'd already got or could borrow and just set it out really nicely. By the time they'd played for an hour, had something to eat, had the cake, it was pretty much time to head home.

Please
or

SunshineClouds1 · 30/09/2022 16:51

Party games didn't go down well at the last 3 year olds party I went to. They just didn't understand them tbh.

Lots of toys out, an activity station as pp, disco light.
3 year olds just love to play, and eat. So they'll have fun!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?