Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Baby milk

Firstbaby1234 · 23/09/2022 10:47

My son who is 9 months has been on hungry baby milk since he was 3 months old, I am wondering wether to switch his milk now as he tends to only want about 4 ounces a time and only wants 3 bottles a day. He does however have 3 meals a day. Should I change his milk to the normal follow on milk or keep him on hungry baby?

OP's posts:
Please
or

TriedAndBested · 23/09/2022 11:42

Every health visitor and pediatrician I have asked about this have always said to just give normal infant milk. I would definitely try to switch him back and maybe up his solids.

In three months he can have cow's milk.so it might not make.a big difference either way what you do now.

Please
or

Firstbaby1234 · 23/09/2022 13:17

Normal milk or the follow on milk? I don’t think he needs the hungry baby milk anymore which is why he isnt drinking a lot of it @TriedAndBested

OP's posts:
Please
or

MrsR87 · 23/09/2022 13:23

The same as above really. Every health visitor, and midwife I have ever dealt with has always said not to use anything other than the standard baby formula. Now he’s eating three meals a day, I would try to get him back onto the standard baby formula milk and then switch to cows milk at 12 months.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?