Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Manchester airport terminal 2 Boots - please help!

youknownuthinjonsnuh · 21/09/2022 21:34

Hi, we are going on holiday and have 7 month old DS. I have packed the cases and they are overweight, 21kg and 20.5kg and still stuff to add! the single bottles of Aptamil are to blame for taking up most of the weight. I’m aware some people do a boots order and pick up the formula at the airport, but I’ve checked boots website and they don’t have a click and collect option for terminal 2. Is there a boots in this terminal? If so I think I’ll need to leave some bottles of formula behind and just buy at the airport 😬

thanks in advance!

OP's posts:
Please
or

scrufffy · 21/09/2022 21:35

Can you do a click and collect at terminal one and then just Go to terminal 2?

Please
or

Aposterhasnoname · 21/09/2022 21:43

We were in terminal 2 just last week, the only boots we saw hadn’t opened yet. There was a sign saying coming soon, but I nothing more helpful than that I’m afraid.

Please
or

youknownuthinjonsnuh · 21/09/2022 21:49

@scrufffy i haven’t been on holiday for years so I’m really not sure of the layout! We are parking on T2, can you get to T1 after security and check in?

OP's posts:
Please
or

youknownuthinjonsnuh · 21/09/2022 21:50

@Aposterhasnoname ah that’s a shame. Thank you!

OP's posts:
Please
or

DashDotCom · 21/09/2022 21:55

When are you flying? I’m going to that very terminal tomorrow morning so I can keep my eye out for it anywhere (and see if I can spy boots open or not) and report back?

Please
or

Highlandbrow · 21/09/2022 21:56

There wasn’t one when I flew in May, I was annoyed as really wanted some contact lens solution!

Please
or

doodleygirl · 21/09/2022 21:59

Boots wasn’t open at T2 last week, WH Smith is.

Please
or

youknownuthinjonsnuh · 21/09/2022 22:10

@DashDotCom we fly on Friday. That’s very kind and very helpful! Thank you very much 😊

OP's posts:
Please
or

gogohmm · 21/09/2022 22:13

Where are you going, most European countries have similar formula, May have a different name but essentially the same. Unless your dc has prescription formula just buy in resort

Please
or

youknownuthinjonsnuh · 21/09/2022 22:15

Just a little side note if anyone can also help with this query. Baggage allowance is 20kg per adult and 10kg for infant. We are only taking 2 cases. I’ve read on the TUI website that you are allowed to pool the baggage allowance as long as no cases are over 25kg. Does this mean because we are only taking 2 cases and not one for our baby that we can only pool 40kg? Or would it include the infants 10kg even though he doesn’t have a case? Thanks again

OP's posts:
Please
or

youknownuthinjonsnuh · 21/09/2022 22:17

@gogohmm we are going to Rhodes. I did think about this but didn’t want to risk not finding any and having a starving baby

OP's posts:
Please
or

Pansypotter123 · 21/09/2022 22:28

It would include the 10kg hold baggage allowance for the baby.

Are you on Facebook? Could you join some groups about Rhodes and the resort you are staying in and ask in there about whether formula is readily available?

Please
or

Kez9393 · 22/09/2022 14:37

Hi I'm also having this issue 😩 I fly out next weekend with my 10month old and I had planned to click and collect at boots not realising there isn't one in T2! Now I can't decide what to do. Does anyone know if it's simple going to another terminal to collect if I was to order? Or whether it's worth make doing and packing the formula and try to make it fit in the allowance. Thanks 😊

Please
or

youknownuthinjonsnuh · 22/09/2022 16:01

@Kez9393 Hi, we have bought and packed it all but read today on Manchester airport website after someone mentioned on this thread, that terminal 2 WHSmith does actually sell formula. Obviously this is at a risk as they may be sold out etc when you turn up as they don’t do click and collect

OP's posts:
Please
or

Quveas · 22/09/2022 16:14

It may help or not, but Aptamil is widely available in supermarkets throughout Greece. I would be surprised if you can't find it on Rhodes.

Please
or

Kez9393 · 22/09/2022 16:16

@youknownuthinjonsnuh thanks I think I'll do the same, can't be risking it with baby milk! Hope you have a lovely holiday!! 😊

Please
or

Jojobees · 22/09/2022 16:18

Amazon prime delivery to your hotel?

Please
or

greyinganddecaying · 22/09/2022 16:29

Could you take an extra gold bag containing the formula? I did that once.

Please
or

DashDotCom · 22/09/2022 18:58

Just reporting back that yep unfortunately boots very much still closed. I did go into WHSmith for food and scan around for formula but couldn’t see it anywhere either, but I may have missed it! Sorry not the outcome you wanted 😖 definitely no other shops there that would sell it either.
i did hear a guy next to me at the desks go over the luggage allowance, and he just had to pay £30 for the extra 3kg. This was with jet2 though and I think it was golf equipment.. but could be worth googling!
if OTT golfers can get away with it then stressed parents definitely should!

Please
or

youknownuthinjonsnuh · 22/09/2022 23:38

@Kez9393 thank you, you too! 😊

OP's posts:
Please
or

youknownuthinjonsnuh · 22/09/2022 23:39

@DashDotCom thank you so much for looking! I hope you have a lovely holiday

OP's posts:
Please
or

youknownuthinjonsnuh · 22/09/2022 23:41

Thanks everyone for all your help! Turns out I’ve packed the formula and spoke to TUI, we will be okay as long as both cases less than 25kg with no extra charge as they do take into account the 10kg for an infant, even if they don’t have a case, are you’re able to pool the allowance

OP's posts:
Please
or

HotIsntIt · 22/09/2022 23:42

There will of course be formula in Rhodes. How do you think babies are fed in other countries.

Try not to stress. you’ll soon be lying on a sun lounger wondering why you were stressing

Please
or

youknownuthinjonsnuh · 23/09/2022 11:11

I of course know there is formula in other countries…I just didnt know what brands, and LO can be a bit refluxy with other milks so risking it just wasn’t an option for us 😊

OP's posts:
Please
or

youknownuthinjonsnuh · 23/09/2022 11:12

Anyway thanks everyone for your advice and help! We are off to the airport with our 22kg and 23kg bags full of formula bottles! 🌞

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?