Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Advice please

DreamJG · 06/08/2022 14:42

hi there,
I am wondering if you mummies/daddies have any advice you could kindly share with me. My beautiful son is 15 weeks old and was exclusively Breast fed until 12 weeks where I started introducing formula as I felt I couldn’t keep up with his hunger. The last two weeks since introducing Kendamil, he has been wonderful. However the last few days, every morning, he has projectile vomited his first feed. This only happens with his first feed, not the others through the day. He sleeps from 9pm-6/7am without the night feed now. He is fed every 3 hours with 6 oz throughout the day and his last feed is about 8pm. We pace his bottle and take our time, burping him every couple of oz. Where are we going wrong with the morning feed? We try holding him upright for a bit before giving him his bottle incase he has gas sitting in his tummy from lying down all night but he is still sick. We cant delay the feed
in the morning to let his tummy settle as he seems so hungry. I will contact my health visitor too but thought I would see if anyone else had ideas? Should I feed him through the night a small amount so it’s not so much in his tummy first thing in the morning? I’m at a loss!
any help would be so appreciated.
With many thanks in advance xx

OP's posts:
Please
or

Sbena · 06/08/2022 15:25

A friend had this with her first. She would express milk and mix it with formula to build up the baby's tolerance, then over time slowly increased the formula while reducing the amount of breast milk

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.