Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Teething hell. HELP

MeltdownCentral1 · 05/08/2022 21:21

Nothing has ever worked to ease teething pains for my now toddler. Calpol does nothing, Neurofen takes the edge off just enough to allow her to doze off for a nap or bedtime (but she's up soon after), I've tried ALL the teething powders including homeopathic stuff. Nothing nothing nothing works and I'm honestly losing a part of my soul because of it...so cannot really imagine what she's going through. She's pretty much crying/tantruming/melting down on and off all day for weeks on end until the teeth finally pop through and we have our cheerful girl back for a bit before the next set of teeth start! We're waiting for 4 final molars which are taking ages.

Not sure if this is relevant but when she was a newborn we took her to a cranial osteopath for reflux issues, and she mentioned that DD will struggle with teething because of the shape of her head (or something like that). Well that was a bloody understatement.

If there's anything I should try, PLEASE suggest it. I'm desperate!

OP's posts:
Please
or

flowerstar19 · 05/08/2022 21:25

Poor you guys :( Have you tried Anbesol? It's brilliant stuff!

Please
or

HereForTheBiscuits · 05/08/2022 21:26

As it's warm, have you tried freezing breast milk/formula (whatever baby drinks usually) in an ice lolly mould and letting baby suck or chew on that? It worked wonders for my baby when she was teething. I'd take it out of the freezer for a few minutes so it wasn't too cold but she used to like chomping on the icy milk and it seemed to soothe her gums for a little while after. I also had a teething toy that you put in the fridge which was good

Teething sucks, I have just had baby no.2 so will be in the same boat as you again soon enough

Please
or

Cluelessfirstimer · 05/08/2022 21:36

FTM with a newborn so not at this stage yet but my sister swears by a teething ring she puts in the fridge/freezer.

Please
or

NewMum0305 · 05/08/2022 21:40

I second Anbesol if you havenโ€™t tried it. Got us through the molar stage.

Please
or

MeltdownCentral1 · 05/08/2022 21:43

Thanks for your responses!
I've tried frozen stuff and the cold teethers but it's like she's just sooo distracted by the pain that she doesn't really give them much of a chance. Kind of reminds me of my complete inability to even THINK everytime I had a contraction during labour ๐Ÿ˜…

I haven't tried Anbesol because when I last checked online, I couldn't find a children's version? I'll check again, maybe I didn't check properly.

OP's posts:
Please
or

MeltdownCentral1 · 05/08/2022 21:46

Please ignore me, I found the Anbesol :) ordering right now!!!

OP's posts:
Please
or

MolliciousIntent · 05/08/2022 21:47

Anbesol is the absolute tits, you won't find anything better for teething.

Please
or

MeltdownCentral1 · 05/08/2022 21:49

You lot have given me some hope...I shall keep you posted on results with Anbesol :D

OP's posts:
Please
or

sheepandcaravan · 05/08/2022 21:50

Alternate nurofen and calpol when at its worst. Can do four doses each, two hours apart. Now that's extreme pain but some get that.

Agree absonel.

Also I used chamomile crystals. I was never sure but my friend had her wisdom teeth out so I gave her some and she reckoned they got to the pain better than any medicine.

Please
or

sheepandcaravan · 05/08/2022 21:51

Anbesol

Please
or

ifellintoarabbithole · 05/08/2022 21:53

Anbesol liquid is amazing - currently using it myself on a mouth ulcer, it is really effective!

Please
or

newtolineofduty · 05/08/2022 21:58

We used anbesol with my daughter who had a really shitty time with teething! Hope it helps her poor thing-and you! X

Please
or

flowerstar19 · 05/08/2022 22:09

Totally agree @ifellintoarabbithole my two no longer need it but I have an ancient bottle I keep and use for myself for mouth ulcers. It is amazing stuff! Hope it transforms things for you @

Please
or

Gossipxox · 05/08/2022 22:11

Anbesol liquid is so good!! Even helps me with toothache. Good luck ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ

Please
or

MeltdownCentral1 · 07/08/2022 17:34

Update on Anbesol:
DD wasn't a fan of the taste and won't let me put any in her mouth ๐Ÿ™ƒI give up.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.