Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Is there a 6 month sleep regression?

theredlight · 28/07/2022 06:57

My 6 month old has slept amazingly and the whole night through from less than 2 months old. The past three nights however have been difficult and she's only had 2 hours sleep tonight. When she isn't sleeping, she's crying and she'll only stop if I'm holding her but I'm falling asleep so can't do that anymore Sad
I've given her milk, calpol, teething gel and nothing is working. I'm exhausted. I can't deal with the screaming anymore Sad

OP's posts:
Please
or

NC2407 · 05/08/2022 02:10

Sorry no-one responded to your post a few days ago. How is your LO doing now? My DS is nearly 6 months and I’m pretty sure he’s going through a regression now. He’s so much harder to settle, wakes up several times a night now and only seems to be able to settle on the boob. I’ve even resorted to co-sleeping a few times which I thought I’d never need to do.

How are you getting on?

Please
or

Sbena · 05/08/2022 11:34

Same thing happened with mine. It was teeth. There's no formal regression at 6 months but there is a "blip" (so my sleeping guide says) that can feel like a regression.

Hopefully you'll get off easier than us - he ended up getting 8 teeth in 2 months and there was not a lot of sleep going on. We were BFing and the constant supply of milk throughout the night didn't help - in the end I trained him to resettle without a feed and things drastically improved for like a week. Then the 8 month regression hit 🫥

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.