Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Tooth decay

MamOfElla · 14/05/2022 11:25

Hi I’m wondering if anyone has experience of tooth decay in their children who have been using lactulose, sodium pico-sulphate, movicol??
my 8 year old daughter has recently been to the dentist and found out she has tooth decay in 2 teeth (adult). And yes she has sweets but definitely not excessive amounts and she brushes her teeth with an electric toothbrush twice a day, only drinks water so i was totally shocked when i heard she had tooth decay! And felt like the dentist thought i was a total liar when I explained to the dentist that she doesn’t eat endless sweets/sugary snacks and doesn’t like juice or fizzy drinks.
the inly medication she has been on in the past has been for constipation and i have seen things about lactulose causing tooth decay and wondered if anyone else has had any experience of this??
im at my wits end as i feel awful for her but I honestly can’t believe it is down to the amount of sugary things she has as it isn’t a lot!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Sbena · 14/05/2022 14:35

Sorry, not terribly helpful but how much fruit does she eat? Lots of fruits like grapes and apples are just as bad as sweets for your teeth. (obviously they're very good in other ways)

Please
or

MamOfElla · 19/05/2022 06:35

Hi thanks for the reply!
no she doesn’t eat fruit at all which is obviously why the constipation started she has never liked it and it’s always in the house for her to get/try but she won’t entertain it.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.