My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For free parenting resources please check out the Early Years Alliance's Family Corner.

Parenting

Please recommend me a cot (or tell me about a cots to avoid!)

30 replies

RandomCatGenerator · 08/10/2021 17:47

Hi everyone

Just as the title says really! I would really appreciate recommendations for cots and cot beds.

My baby is very young still, we’re 4 months off needing a cot, but I’d like to weigh up the options as they’re expensive and long lasting options. And I’m a bit overwhelmed by choice!

Thanks so much for any input

----
This thread is quite old now so some of the suggestions may be out of date, but if you’ve landed here looking for cot bed recommendations, we’ve recently updated our best cot beds page with lots of great options, as tried and tested by Mumsnet users and their kids. We hope you find it useful.
Flowers
MNHQ

OP posts:
MistyFrequencies · 09/10/2021 19:27

Oops, posted early. We had a very cheap Ikea one. Both kids used it. They're now 3 and 4 and it's repurposed as a climbing frame in our garden.

Ihaveoflate · 09/10/2021 20:02

I second asking around. My friends were desperate to off load their out-grown cot beds onto me when I was pregnant.

Two year old sleeps in a hand-me-down East Coast cot bed with a new John Lewis mattress. The sides are still on but will come off soon to convert to a bed bed, which will probably last her until she's at least 4 or 5.

Plotato · 09/10/2021 20:06

Got a Mamas and Papas second hand. We turned it into a cot bed then back into a cot again for our second. Agree with pp it's really just a box, I can't imagine there's much between them. We paid £100 for the cot, drawers and wardrobe which full price were £800 or £900. Frankly I think it's crazy to buy new when there are so many near immaculate ones available second hand.

RandomCatGenerator · 10/10/2021 18:04

Thanks everyone.

For complicated logistical reasons to do with moving country, I won’t be able to get one second hand and am probably doomed to buy new…

OP posts:
LakeShoreD · 10/10/2021 18:06

If you don’t want to spend a lot IKEA have a cot for £40. A friend of mine has it and it looks great!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.