Please or to access all these features

Parenting

For free parenting resources please check out the Early Years Alliance's Family Corner.

Family debate. To move home or not to move.....

3 replies

Luvinmummy4eva9 · 14/12/2015 01:57

Me & my fiance have a 19 month old baby Daughter & a 3 week & 6 day old baby Daughter. I've lived in my current home, a ground floor flat for just over 1 year now with my toddler. Me & my fiance had a break & got back together & he moved in straight away & I fell pregnant straight away. If we thought we would have more children I definitely wouldn't have moved here as it's too small for 2 children, even my housing officer agreed I need somwhere big enough for 2 very young babies as she came out & measured the bedrooms & living-room & said once my new baby Daughter was born she was going to help me get put in a higher bidding band than I'm in now. While I'm waiting for that to get sorted, I want to look for an exchange & I don't care if it's another flat as long it's on the ground floor like I have now but larger but only problem is, my hubby wants us to hold out for the higher band we get & start bidding on properties ad he knows we have a high chance of getting a house then & he says I will regret it if I exchange now. For other personal reasons, I want to look for exchanges at this moment now too. What does everyone else think? ☺

OP posts:
Are your children’s vaccines up to date?
skankingpiglet · 14/12/2015 13:21

A house (with a garden presumably) would be fantastic with two little ones, but if you really need to move sooner and don't feel you can wait, then you need to do that. I don't know much about the banding/bidding process, but is there nothing you/your housing officer can do to speed up getting your band upgraded? If you exchange now, does that prevent you from changing again once your band has been increased?

DangerMouth · 14/12/2015 13:24

I would wait for the house but it depends on what your reason is for wanting to go right now. If it's just you being impatient for example Smile

3rdrockfromthesun · 14/12/2015 13:49

Why don't you create a pro and con list and then you can both sit down and discuss the list. This is what I would do if my bf ever wanted to move back to london

New posts on this thread. Refresh page