Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

For free parenting resources please check out the Early Years Alliance's Family Corner.

Parenting

Help - is it possible to write 2500 words today [sad]

41 replies

biggertentplease · 19/12/2013 13:45

would also have added a [tired] emoticon if i could have done.

I got an extension for an esssay last week. MA in Health. I have been ill as have children this week and now I am sat here with 50 words done and it has to be in by 2pm tomorrow. Although I have to get it in by 11am tomorrow as youngest child has doctors appointment at 12:30 tomorrow and would not be able to get to both places. I also have to take children to carol concert tonight (cant miss as oldest is singing solo) so that will mean i am out from 630 until about 830/9.

Dont know what I am asking really - maybe just words of hope Wink

OP posts:
Please
or

Rosencrantz · 25/12/2013 01:43

How do I have work? Because I have 16,000 words to do by the 13th of January and unless I plough slowly through I won't get it done. I've always worked quite slowly, and I just have to use every free day I've got.

Having Xmas, Boxing Day, the 28th and 31st-5th off. All spare time is work atm!

Please
or

Rosencrantz · 25/12/2013 01:44

3am was my own personal deadline, so I can have a nice day tomorrow.

I'm done. Most of it is done, it's not very good but ill edit later.

Please
or

sparklysilversequins · 25/12/2013 01:50

Excellent, nothing like that feeling when it's done and gone and you can relax.

I nearly always write my essays in one day, just prefer it that way, just sit and hammer it out. If I stretch it out I find it doesn't flow the same and I forget points I wanted to make. Can be a bit hairy though when there's a deadline looming.

Please
or

TinyDiamond · 25/12/2013 02:01

Well done. I pulled an all nighter 3 nights ago. Still recovering. Get to sleep happy Christmas yay x

Please
or

Rosencrantz · 25/12/2013 02:05

Thanks everyone. More of the same in a couple of days!

Merry Christmas xxxxxx

Please
or

JaquelineHyde · 25/12/2013 21:36

Merry Christmas fellow students Xmas Smile

I am having today and tomorrow off and then I will be heading to uni and hitting the books.

I have 2 - 4000 word essays due in on Jan 6th that I have done no reading or prep for and a full time placement that starts on Jan 13th that I still have to prepare for with the usual mountain of bureaucratic paperwork.

Lets make the most of these few days of fun. I'm sure I will be back on Friday begging for some kind words of support Xmas Grin

Please
or

Rosencrantz · 02/01/2014 01:48

Doing a good old fashioned all nighter tonight.

Have done 1000 so far tonight, want another 1500 by sunrise. Got to get this done because I'm going on holiday on Friday morning for a little bit, and have another 6000 due before the 13th!

Anybody else up?

Please
or

TinyDiamond · 02/01/2014 01:54

I'm here. not working though tonight. it just appears I never sleep. good luck with it, what are you writing about?

Please
or

thepobblewhohasnotoes · 02/01/2014 02:08

In case you don't already know about this ... This website will save you time by sorting and formatting your references for you. www.citethisforme.com

Good luck!

Please
or

Rosencrantz · 02/01/2014 02:09

Feminist economic theory on globalization!

Please
or

TinyDiamond · 02/01/2014 02:11

Enjoy! Is your trip away 'research'? definitely not distracting you here, I forbid you from replying until tomorrow.

Please
or

thepobblewhohasnotoes · 02/01/2014 02:11

Sounds interesting! Can I read it when you're done?

Please
or

Rosencrantz · 02/01/2014 02:29

thepobblewhohasnotoes Haha, thank you! Bookmarked CiteThisForMe a long time ago, is a godsend, along with WorldCat.org.

TinyDiamond Most definitely not research. Going to Paris to do touristy things in the daytime, and get very drunk in the nightime with my friends for 5 days!

Please
or

Rosencrantz · 02/01/2014 02:30

Should have said, you are more than welcome to read it! If, that is, I make a coherent argument out of the jumble of words I've got on the page atm!

Please
or

JaquelineHyde · 02/01/2014 23:14

Woo hoo first 4000 word assignment completed and submitted.

The second 4000 word essay will be begun tomorrow and shockingly I have got a whole week to write it. This amount of time to write and essay is almost unheard of for me. I suspect I will not use the time wisely.

How is everyone else getting on?

Please
or

aturtlenamedmack · 05/01/2014 13:00

12000 words to write in 8 days :(
HELP! HELP!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

We're all short on time

Log in or sign up to use the 'See Next' or 'See all' posts by the OP (Original Poster) and cut straight to the action.

Already signed up?

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?