My feed

to access all these features

Newbies' corner

Child law

3 replies

Forest39 · 16/08/2018 11:03

Advice needed please.
My ex was found guilty of dv and is only allowed indirect contact but he keeps turning up to the park at our house. How can I take him back to court?

OP posts:
knicksfan · 16/08/2018 11:11

Ask a solicitor for an appointment ASAP.
Call your local police family safety unit for advice today.
If you don't act quickly in these circumstances they may turn around on you and say you are not safeguarding your child.
You need to take it back to court as a matter of urgency. Call the police if he attends your house and tell him to go.
You may need a restraining order.

Forest39 · 16/08/2018 11:43

I called the police last time and they said nothing they can do as it’s a court matter. He has to complete a perpetrator course before he has contact. My children were on the child protection list because of him but ss no longer involved as he isn’t having contact. We haven’t had the final hearing at court yet. Order states if he doesn’t do the course then it goes straight back to court but nothings being done. Do I apply for a contempt of court order and pay the costs or can I take him back under the order I already have?

OP posts:
knicksfan · 16/08/2018 11:47

Call a solicitor and ask. Definitely call the family safety unit and maybe social services.
They have deemed you low risk on the basis there will be no contact and your children are safe.
They need to know he is turning up anyway

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.