Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for surveys for Mumsnet HQ and their clients. If you'd like to commission a survey of MN members email [email protected] Non MN surveys will be deleted.

In the UK and eligible to vote? We'd like to hear your thoughts - vouchers to be won

JustineBMumsnet · 20/01/2022 17:41

We'd like to hear your thoughts on politics.

This survey is open to all Mumsnet users in the UK who are eligible to vote.

All who complete the survey will receive an entry into our monthly prize draw where 3 Mumsnet users will win a £150 voucher for the store of their choice (from a list).

Click here to complete the survey.

Thanks and good luck!
MNHQ

Standard Insight Terms and Conditions apply

OP's posts:
Please
or

Thoosa · 20/01/2022 17:42

Will do. I hope screams of despair are allowed as answers.

Please
or

TheLovelinessOfDemons · 21/01/2022 10:10

Done! Xmas Grin

Please
or

Chrysanthemum5 · 21/01/2022 11:54

Are they trolling us with the list of gender options🤔

Please
or

ilovesooty · 21/01/2022 12:02

Done. I hope I made it clear what my priorities are.

Please
or

GreenWhiteViolet · 21/01/2022 13:00

Interesting survey! The 'would you rather' questions amused me, but were difficult to answer because of the broad range of options involved in 'getting involved in politics' - to me, anything that involves becoming a public figure of sorts (such as standing for election) is orders of magnitude away from something like distributing campaign leaflets for a candidate you support.

Please
or

Thoosa · 21/01/2022 13:05

@Chrysanthemum5

Are they trolling us with the list of gender options🤔

I think they’re in line with the carefully arrived at compromise TGs (?)
Please
or

Spudlet · 21/01/2022 14:22

Done! I decided I would rather do politics than Morris dancing, but give birth drug free over politics. I’m not sure if this says more on my views about Morris dancing (or any public dancing really) or politics Grin

Please
or

Thoosa · 21/01/2022 14:25

Yes. I wondered who would opt for Morris dancing. Was there one about spiders too?

Please
or

Spudlet · 21/01/2022 15:02

I didn’t get a spiders one - would definitely take politics over spiders but I am arachnophobia!

Please
or

TraceyLacey · 21/01/2022 17:04

I was quite offended that they used morris dancing as a supposed unthinkable alternative!

Please
or

Borka · 21/01/2022 17:04

I chose Morris dancing, I think it would be fun Smile

Please
or

GreenLunchBox · 21/01/2022 17:45

@Spudlet

Done! I decided I would rather do politics than Morris dancing, but give birth drug free over politics. I’m not sure if this says more on my views about Morris dancing (or any public dancing really) or politics Grin

Haha, same. I put 'get involved in politics to all but the giving birth question as I loved giving birth drug free! They were really silly choices.
Please
or

NumberTheory · 21/01/2022 17:46

Those would you rather questions felt very manipulative - like the sort of thing I hate getting from political groups trying to manipulate survey data.

Please
or

RagzRebooted · 21/01/2022 18:09

Didn't like the would you rather questions. Click bait fodder. Nonsense ruined the rest of it.

Please
or

Schr0dingersreindeer · 21/01/2022 19:34

Would have liked to be able to pick politics and Morris dancing!

Please
or

GreenLunchBox · 21/01/2022 19:45

@NumberTheory

Those would you rather questions felt very manipulative - like the sort of thing I hate getting from political groups trying to manipulate survey data.

Now you've pointed that out I agree .
Theres is no way any meaningful data was collected from those questions. Very manipulative and not designed to show any correlation.
Please
or

onitlikeacarbonnet · 21/01/2022 20:29

Done,

Not sure I would make good interview material as I’m liable to go off on furious tangents when talking about so many political topics at the moment.

Please
or

Tallisimo · 21/01/2022 20:36

Done. But as usual, assumes everyone who is answering the survey is a mum. Just not the case.

Please
or

Kite22 · 21/01/2022 21:38

They could do with defining how they are using the word 'politics' at the start of the survey.
I am not party political. I despair at the state of our Government. I get annoyed with the poor behaviour of so many politicians, but surely everyone has opinions about the state of the health service or schools or shortage of police or social care and mental health crisis, or prison sentences or even pub opening hours ?
All of these are politics.

The 'Would you rather' Qs (10-14) are the kind of ridiculous gimmicky thing that contributes to the lack of improvement in society though. I opened the survey, assuming it was going to be about politics, not some student party game Hmm

Please
or

Cuck00soup · 21/01/2022 21:40

Done! Also enjoyed the would you rather options. Especially as someone who would do anything for a decent nights sleep already.

Does letter writing, donating to favoured causes and spending too much time on FWR count as getting involved?

Please
or

biffyboom · 21/01/2022 21:51

Done.

Please
or

FatFilledTrottyPuss · 21/01/2022 22:36

Done. Although I would have liked the option to explain why despite being having an active interest in politics, and never having missed a vote yet, I wouldn’t vote in an election any day soon.

Please
or

ClariceQuiff · 21/01/2022 23:07

Have completed, but the 'would you rather' section didn't fit me very well.

1. I've never given birth with or without drugs, and never want to, so asking whether I'd prefer this to getting involved in politics is a bit of a no-brainer - like asking whether I'd rather die by slow torture or get involved in politics.
  2. I love Morris Dancing and it's on my 'to do' list when I retire so asking whether I'd rather do this than get involved in politics is hard to answer as I'd like to do both, and they aren't mutually exclusive.
Please
or

ClariceQuiff · 21/01/2022 23:11

@TraceyLacey

I was quite offended that they used morris dancing as a supposed unthinkable alternative!

Yes, see my post above Angry

We all have different hobbies and interests - why single out Morris Dancing?
Please
or

ClariceQuiff · 21/01/2022 23:31

And incidentally, I answered 'Morris Dancing' on principle Grin.

Seriously, @JustineBMumsnet you should change the wording to ' would you rather get involved in an activity you dislike intensely' or similar, instead of mentioning a particular hobby. Whichever supposedly dire hobby you pick, be it Morris Dancing, train-spotting, watching 'Love Island' on a loop tape or exploring England's sewerage network, there will be people on MN who actively enjoy it.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.