My feed

to access all these features

Find financial and money saving discussions including debt and pension chat on our Money forum.

Money matters

Anyone any experience of council tax help and housing benefit?

3 replies

Santasmissyontheside · 10/10/2007 16:08

Ok long story short we lost our home (bankrupt) just had dd2, not getting paid mat pay so claiming for allowance struggling like hell with money coming in. I've spoken to council and i'm waiting to recieve the application form. What i'd like to know is how is worked out if your entitled for help and how much? Also if We're not how does system work with being housed? Also how much is income support? I have feeling i'm not entitled to it though with my husband working

OP posts:
thenewgirl · 11/10/2007 09:02

I have found it very helpful.
good luck

JARM · 11/10/2007 18:17

Dont take as gospel, PLEASE.

According to that I should get full Housing Benefit and full council tax benefit, but we dont.

We get £13 a week housing benefit, and 13 pence council tax benefit.

That is based on an income of

Tax Credits
Child Benefit
Incapacity Benefit and a small monthly pension from DH old work

That is all our income and all the entitlement.

Best bet is to fill out forms but not to get hopes too high, as we did, and then be dissapointed!

Santasmissyontheside · 11/10/2007 20:50

Ok thanks. God 13pence! Thats hardly worth it!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.