My feed

to access all these features

Find financial and money saving discussions including debt and pension chat on our Money forum.

Money matters

Where do i go now .....

4 replies

jooleybee · 02/09/2007 22:12

We have recently stated renting (privately) a house for £1100 per month. My husband works, i am unemployed (but have just got a job that starts in two weeks) I applied for housing benefit, jobseekers allowance everything. Our rent is due tuesday. We dont have it. We have both as a couple worked all our lives, (unfortunately with regard to jobseekers I was self-employed previously so was onlypaying class 2 instead of 1 contributions, apparently we ae entitled to nothing. The route now is eviction, then homelessness, all we need is help towards this month's rent and then, with my new job we can manage until our tenancy runs out (Jan) otherwise, if we scarpered we could be liable for ou rent until jan! does anyone know who, how if we can get help, even Citizens Advice have been a bit useless!

OP posts:
GooseyLoosey · 02/09/2007 22:13

Have you tried explaining your financial position to your landlord and seeing if you can work something out with them?

jooleybee · 02/09/2007 22:22

That is what the Council advised, my landlord lives next door, i will do that as a last resort but, because he lives next door, I feel a bit awkward and what if he doesn't like it and gets "funny"

OP posts:
GooseyLoosey · 02/09/2007 22:43

See your point, but he is going to realise what the position is fairly soon anyway. Better t be upfront with him I would thenk.

Goodluck anyway!

RosemaryWoodhouse · 03/09/2007 09:06

Can't you ask your bank to extend your overdraft now you've got a job? I doubt they'd want to lose your custom over £1000 especially now you've just found employment.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.