My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find support and share your experiences on our Miscarriage forum.

Miscarriage/pregnancy loss

not sure whats happening?

4 replies

elmo23 · 10/06/2010 22:48

My period was 2wks late then started last tues on mon i passed a clot and something told me do a test it was positive. went to dr tues who refered me for scan at epu yesterday. i was convinced id lost baby but after doing an internal scan they found heartbeat of my baby.but baby measured 6wks sac only 5wks and you could see my uterus cramping =blood on scan. both nurses said it doesnt look gd have to wait two wks before im re scanned to see whats happening. still bleeding and mild cramps.dont know what to do .

OP posts:
hairytriangle · 10/06/2010 22:53

So very very sorry to hear about all this uncertainty. It can all be very daunting and upsetting when something like this happens.

There are a number of things this could be - some good some not so good and I'm not going to suggest what they could be BUT:

The medical people ought to at least tell you what they think is happening - have they not said anything?

Go back to the GP and ask straight away exactly what they think is happening - it helps to know, and not be in doubt about things.

Take care of youself x

zippydeedoodah · 10/06/2010 23:06

I know it's hard but try to relax. I had bleeding several times with first pregnancy and it was type 1 placenta previa (placenta lifted by mid 20ish weeks for normal delivery) and once with 2nd pregnancy (unexplained). Friend with v v heavy bleeding had clot outside womb so baby not at risk. If you speak to any group of women you'll hear many good and some scary strories but none of them are your story so focus on getting plenty of rest and positive thoughts. Take care, x.

elmo23 · 24/06/2010 21:52

from my last post
i continued bleeding and found out yesterday when i was re scanned that i had miscarried. i feel completley numb. i had spoken to psu on fri and they didnt seem to think i haad miscarried when i told them about my bleeding bt wouldnt scan me till yesterday.even although i knew that would be the outcome i still had hope that it might have been ok. am devastated.all they kept saying to me was how common miscarrage is

OP posts:
delilahbelle · 26/06/2010 09:07

Hi elmo
I am so sorry for your loss. I had a very early miscarriage in February, and think i am going through the same thing now (I'm 4+5 and have started bleeding brown, expecting it to get worse over the next few days like before)

Life really sucks sometimes, look after yourself.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.