My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find support and share your experiences on our Miscarriage forum.

Miscarriage/pregnancy loss

Pregnancy test line not getting stronger...

6 replies

banana87 · 01/06/2010 01:09

Hi all,

I am pretty sure I am miscarrying (or is it a chemical pregnancy?). AF due on Sat, had a faint line with FMU on Sun am, followed by a 'pregnant' on the digi yesterday. This am I took another cheapie and the line is no stronger and (TMI) I have brown when I wipe...I am not very very sad, more disappointed. Can anyone tell me if this is a chemical pregnancy or miscarriage? I only ask because I know after a m/c you cant try for 3 months (thats what I was told last time) so just want to check if this is the same, or different?

Sorry if I am being a little insensitive. Right now I just need a scientific answer which will help me most.

Thanks.

OP posts:
shazzaren · 01/06/2010 08:16

Hi
I would give it another day or two - maybe dont use a cheapie and test in the morning, or day after if you can cope waiting that long. I had a chemical and it took about 4 days for the line to go then I had normal period like bleeding. The brown blood could be implantation bleeding perhaps? I had bleeding with all 6 of my pg's (I have 2 children) and dont take it as an indication of anything anymore.
Fingers crossed for you.
x

banana87 · 01/06/2010 11:14

Thanks Shazzaren. No more spotting and on second look (hours later) the line is stronger. I took apart the digi (wierdo??) and its a strong line too...so please fingers crossed for a sticky bean!

OP posts:
kissmummy · 01/06/2010 11:16

hi there
there's no reason for you to have to wait three months before trying again! even if you'd had a later miscarriage the primary reason some doctors suggest waiting is just to make it easier to date the next pregnancy. if your period was only due on saturday then you could just look at it as a late period - i'm not sure the terminology really matters at such an early stage, (except emotionally.) unless you have a history of this happening. i don't mean that in any dismissive way but please don't feel you have to wait three months unless your doctor can give you a very clear reason.

Trafficcone · 01/06/2010 11:26

Lineson tests don't have to get stronger. Each urine sample is different.
And whoever told you to wait three months after an mc to try again was talking out of their bottom!

emptyshell · 01/06/2010 13:53

With mine, the line DID get fainter - and then el-posho digi test started saying not pregnant before the bleeding started.

As for the not trying for three months - I think these days they've moved well-past that (I got naff all advice on when to try again anyway), they like you to wait till after next period so they can date easier but that's all.

I just had a hunch things weren't right with me so I did the second test and it was horrid watching no line appear.

ShowOfHands · 01/06/2010 13:58

Strength of line means bugger all about the pregnancy and everything about the limitations of the test, perhaps the time of day and the concentration of urine.

Nowt wrong with cheapies either if they're from a reputable seller.

And agree, no reason to wait 3 months unless there's a specific medical reason.

Good luck.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.