My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find support and share your experiences on our Miscarriage forum.

Miscarriage/pregnancy loss

Is this normal? I had m/c 14 August ................

4 replies

OneBoyOneGirl · 14/10/2008 11:09

and i bled for around 1 week. Since then i have not had AF.

Last month i had a few spots of blood so i thought AF had arrived but i had no more bleeding at all. That was it until 3 days ago i literally had 2 spots of blood and some discharge (sorry TMI) and now it appears to have stopped again!

So confused. When i m/c before my cycle returned to normal the month after.
??

I thought it may be possible i was pg again a few weeks ago after my last AF not arriving but was negative? Am going to buy another test again today to make sure but just wondered if it was normal for cycles to be effected this far on?

OP posts:
LullyMummaOfOne · 14/10/2008 11:57

Hi OBOG, i had a MMC in July and my AF didint return until 20th Sept. I did have one massive bleed a week before it arrive for one day only but this apprantly was a hormone inballace. Im now waiting for AF to arrive again on Friday (or maybe not if im lucky) but for now its a guessing game!

Im not being much help i know so sorry! I guess my advice to you is to test and if its still negative maybe see your GP, although i know how unhelpful they can be with things like this. My GP said to me that i cant assume anything for the next 3-6 months as this is how long it can take for my body to be mornal again!

Lots of luck to you

Grappa · 14/10/2008 13:54

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OneBoyOneGirl · 15/10/2008 11:47

Thank you both Haven't been able to read your responses until today as my internet is off atm.

I did another test this morning, still negative so think i will leave it for a little while longer.

thank you x

OP posts:
barbie1 · 16/10/2008 11:30

oneboyonegirl hi hun, the same thing is happening to me mmc at 11 weeks, eprc on the 15th of sept...brown spotting for 2 days last fri, and red when i wiped, tmi im sorry! period symptoms..bloating, cramps, etc etc but nothing since.....pg test yesterday bfn????
Called the doctors he suggested the spotted was due to ovulating and should expect period in next 2 weeks, if not then to retest...that said its normal to have spotting because of an hormonal inbalance and perfectly normal not to have af for up to 12 weeks after mc...
Let me know how you get on x

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.