My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find support and share your experiences on our Miscarriage forum.

Miscarriage/pregnancy loss

pregnancy results

7 replies

tm1978 · 23/06/2008 17:04

I feel like a right pain in the bum. I feel like I'm always posting, asking stupid questions, but here's the thing. I had a miscarriage 9 weeks ago. Had my first period on the 4th July and last week I had bleeding (one day only), I did an ovulation test and it was positive (I was checking that I was not starting my period again). Anyway today I did an ovulation test again and it says I'm still ovulating, surely that's not right, so I tried peeing on a pregnancy stick and it said +ve too. I don't think I can be pregnant because my period was only 3 weeks ago and I'm not due until next Wednesday so a test should not show +ve this soon, but surely 9 weeks is a little long to still show a positive result from the miscarriage???

I had a D&C and have felt fine. If I had retained any products, wouldn't I feel ill?

Is this worth going to the doctor or am I missing something really obvious?
Thanks
Tracey

OP posts:
Litterbug · 23/06/2008 17:06

OVULATION TESTS WILL SHOW + if you are pregnant (sorry for caps)

I got a + pregnancy test result when I was 3 weeks 2 days pregnant.

But because of the MC i would contact your GP for advice.

They will probably do a blood test to check HCG levels then another test a few days later to see if they have risen.

x

youcannotbeserious · 23/06/2008 17:07

Yes, contact your GP....

And good luck!

StarlightMcKenzie · 23/06/2008 17:09

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn

Litterbug · 23/06/2008 17:11

I think she meant June.

tm1978 · 23/06/2008 18:25

Sorry I did mean June. Duuuuuhhh (I am blonde, just in case you wonder)!!
I've phoned doc. Have an appointment on Wednesday am! It seems strange that a test could be positive when my period was just under 3 weeks ago. With my son, it didn't show a positive result until I was 7 weeks and the last pregnancy it was 5 weeks! I can only literally be 2 weeks at most!!!
T
PS - yes, started having unprotected sex as soon as I got my first period!

OP posts:
ilovethecake · 25/06/2008 22:18

Hi tm, How are you doing?

tm1978 · 26/06/2008 13:05

Hi everyone

Finally got some answers! Went to docs yesterday explained everything to doc (she was stumped too), I'd told about the pain I was having in my right side too, which was me thinking this was something to do with retained products. She took blood and told me to phone back later for the results. I didn't need to phone back, she phoned me back 2 hours later, saying that the test came back positive with a high level of hcg, but because of the pain I was having I had to go to the hospital, where the OB was waiting for me (expecting it to be an eptopic), I was in a total panic, thinking I was going to be in hospital having an operation. They scanned me and to my surprise the sonographer announced that I'm 6 weeks and 4 days pregnant. She couldn't detect a heartbeat but assured me that everything was looking good. My hcg levels were 10,000, which I've no idea is good or not. She could see the worry in my face and suggested that I go back in a couple of weeks for another scan to reassure me! I'm obviously totally gobsmacked, for one, we had been using condoms (I wanted to do this until I had my period). I'm no way counting my chickens just yet, I've had what I thought was a period and I bled last week too! So I'll just try to relax and take it easy until my scan in 2 weeks. My message to the kids would be - DOUBLE BAG!!!
I'll remain on this site though, at the end of the day, I've had the miscarriage and I'm by no means in the clear yet!
Tracey
xxxxx

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.