My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find support and share your experiences on our Miscarriage forum.

Miscarriage/pregnancy loss

scared - any advice?

2 replies

iwantoneofthose · 11/04/2008 12:53

This is going to sound very weird, but when I had my miscarriage at 11 weeks I had been constipated for several days, and had problems going to the loo the whole time up to then.
I felt like every time i tried to go I was pushing from the wrong place IYSWIM.
It honestly felt like my cervix was going to open and push the baby out. It was so awful. I am TTC now and waiting to test, but so scared that every time I go to the loo I will be pushing the wrong place again, and i will miscarry.
I know this sounds so weird, especially as i dont know if i am pregnant again yet, but it is really bothering me. Can anyone else relate to this feeling, or give me any advice... Thanks xx

OP posts:
EiWishFor3MoreWishes · 11/04/2008 13:02

hi iwantoneofthose im so sorry that you are feeling like this and i totally understand where you are coming from but can i just say that whatever you may think, you straining to go the loo almost certainly didnt cause your MC. i suffer with terrible constipation in my pregs and i also thought the same thing when i had my MC and it is the guilt part of grief that puts the thought there. please dont blame yourself as it is a fairly common and very upsetting thing that unfortunately could happen to any one of us for no apparant reason
{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}} and baby dust for you and all the best luck for testing
(im TTC#2 myself and have just had a suspected chem preg so i know the fear and the anxiety related to TTC aswell)
xx ei xx

iwantoneofthose · 11/04/2008 13:09

thanks Ei - you always have good advice. I have read lots of your posts. xxxx I will try not to worry too much

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.