My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find support and share your experiences on our Miscarriage forum.

Miscarriage/pregnancy loss

Miscarriage at 6 weeks after IVF

6 replies

JScott89 · 19/11/2023 15:19

Hello! I did a fresh transfer after IVF and got a positive result. Unfortunately I had cramps and then a miscarriage at 6 weeks. I’m so disappointed. I just wanted to hear of other people’s experiences with this and some hopeful stories to keep me going. Thank you

OP posts:
FiveWordsWillDoNotEightyFive · 19/11/2023 17:27

I’m so sorry for your loss Flowers
I had 4 losses after IVF between 6-9 weeks. It’s so devastating.
I hope you have some support but, if you need someone who understands, Tommy’s do have a help line and have midwives trained in bereavement support.

https://www.tommys.org/baby-loss-support/miscarriage-information-and-support

Miscarriage information and support

Miscarriage is the loss of a pregnancy during the first 24 weeks. Find out about the symptoms and causes of miscarriage, and what happens if you miscarry.

https://www.tommys.org/baby-loss-support/miscarriage-information-and-support

StrawberriesSW1 · 19/11/2023 17:35

This was me three weeks ago. I keep mourning my embryos. My heart was heavy and I felt like I was the only one who could mourn them properly cos I had the blood connection with them in my womb.
It's OK to mourn them. You loved them even before you heard their heart beat.
The Bible says before you were in your mother's womb I knew you. So it helped me understand how I can feel so strongly and deeply about them even though they didn't were not yet recognised by a govt.
I'm better now but I spent/spend most of my free time investigating and analysing what to do in my next cycle. This was my 4th.

Werewolfnotswearwolf · 19/11/2023 17:38

Ahhh man I’m so sorry - I had this too, it was absolutely shattering. I went on to have three more transfers and my last was successful - 6 in total, two early losses. Please take your time to grieve and recover before planning your next one.

JScott89 · 20/11/2023 15:34

Oh my gosh. Sending love to you! Did you find out why you had the losses? Did you do anything different on your last transfer? Thanks

OP posts:
clhsgirl · 20/11/2023 19:27

I haven't got a hopeful story I'm afraid but I do know what you're going through.

I had a fresh cycle which resulted in a pregnancy last November. Unfortunately it was a blighted ovum and I miscarried at 7 weeks. I then had two frozen cycles, the last of which resulted in a pregnancy. Sadly, I although I got to see baby on the ultrasound there was no heartbeat and I miscarried a week later, again at 7 weeks.

In my area you get referred for tests after 2 miscarriages. I was found to have high natural killer cells and I'm now on treatment for that. I'm starting a new fresh cycle in January and haven't lost hope yet that I'll one day hold my baby in my arms. Sending you so much love. Any miscarriage is heartbreaking but one after infertility and IVF has a whole different edge to it.

Werewolfnotswearwolf · 20/11/2023 20:43

I suspect it’s some underlying autoimmune condition - since giving birth I’ve developed alopecia universalis and I can’t see how all this isn’t linked!

The cycle that worked I had two embryos transferred and blood thinners up to 16 weeks mainly I think because the consultant was out of ideas! Prior to IVF I’d have chemical pregnancies probably every one in 3 months so my body was definitely seeing the embryo as something that shouldn’t be there.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.