My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find support and share your experiences on our Miscarriage forum.

Miscarriage/pregnancy loss

MMC - anyone else waiting to miscarry?

6 replies

5964emily · 12/11/2023 16:30

I had an early scan on Friday morning after some spotting, and it was confirmed there was no longer a heartbeat. I was 9w but it measured only 6. I was given the options of expectant management or medical (tablets). For now I’m just waiting for nature to take its course. Anyone else in the same boat?

I’m feeling nauseous and tired, some small amount of spotting and did have a few mild cramps last night… I’m dreading the actual miscarriage though.

Sending support to others in this group.

OP posts:
sunshinebaby1 · 13/11/2023 11:55

I'm in exactly the same situation as you. Should be 9+2 weeks today. Baby is showing 6weeks.

I've starting a tiny bit of bleeding today (had some spotting last week)

I'm hoping expectant management works for me as I've been waiting for a sign of miscarriage since my 7 week scan where I was told I had a MMC.

If nothing happens in a couple weeks I'll go and get the tablets.

Hope everything goes ok for you. Please keep me updated FlowersFlowersFlowers

5964emily · 13/11/2023 17:57

Hi @sunshinebaby1 ,
So sorry to hear you’re going through this. It’s totally rubbish isn’t it. I hope things go ok for you and do let me know.
How are you coping in this interim period? I’m feeling really nauseous but trying to get with normal life… but that’s hard. I feel very numb and have no motivation to do anything at all! Also dreading the miscarriage itself….
Sending a hug, and good luck.

OP posts:
sunshinebaby1 · 14/11/2023 10:51

I was really shocked about the whole thing for a while before I came to terms with it, my partner was really upset about it to.
It's hard to go back to normal life such as work when no one has any idea what you are going through, I think that's what I've found the hardest at the minute.

I've got a really busy working schedule so it's almost worked in my favour where I don't have time to think about it.
On my days off though I feel extremely exhausted and I just want to stay in bed all day and sleep.

I think my biggest concern right now is wanting it to happen naturally without any intervention so that's my main focus.
It's such an awful/ emotional thing to go through. Please take it easy and look after yourself.

How are you getting on? FlowersFlowersFlowers

5964emily · 16/11/2023 11:10

@sunshinebaby1 hope you’re doing ok? I’ve opted for surgical management in the end - I’ve been really struggling with the wait and because I have endo the EPAU actually ended up recommending surgery over tablets. Sat waiting to go into theatre now….

I must admit it’s a huge relief knowing it’s going to be over with, although I think I’ll struggle emotionally afterwards - I certainly haven’t come to terms with it yet. Like you, I’ve found work a great distraction.

I hope you have some good people around to support you? I have told my bosses and they’ve (both male) been utterly amazing. Support structures are so important.

Take care of yourself xxx

OP posts:
sunshinebaby1 · 20/11/2023 14:56

I've had my bloods taken on Saturday and today I've got to the EPU for a scan. They want to scan me again next Monday but my miscarriage has definitely started on it's own now, and I've had quite a lot of bleeding/ cramping.
It's been a very long wait (4 weeks for this to happen)
The nurse said she thinks it will pass naturally this week.

How have you been with everything? FlowersFlowers

5964emily · 20/11/2023 17:59

Oh bless you, I’m glad it’s on its way naturally but sending you so much strength for these next few days. Sorry you’ve had such a wait.

xx

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.