My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find support and share your experiences on our Miscarriage forum.

Miscarriage/pregnancy loss

ttc after mc - Second AF after miscarriage feeling really down

14 replies

Hopingforbabynumber1 · 06/11/2023 12:06

After two years of trying I found out I was pregnant in July this year. At an 8 week scan found out the baby had no heartbeat. I had medical management and had a bleed on September 8th, I then waited and had a bleed 5 weeks later on October 11th.

I then ovulated two weeks later and this month we started trying again. I have just started bleeding with AF and I'm devastated after hearing your more fertile after a miscarriage that I didn't get my BFP this month.

I am really anxious its going to take me two years again to fall pregnant, I was looking for any hope on those who took a long time to get pregnant but then fell on rather quickly second time.

OP posts:
Barney2009 · 06/11/2023 13:24

Hiya. Sorry for your loss. I have found out today I too have had a missed miscarriage, after 2 years of trying. I thought I was 12 weeks and the baby appears to have died at 6 weeks. Devastated doesn’t really cover it. Some hope from anyone who has succeeded after a mmc would be great x

Ilianor · 06/11/2023 13:28

I had four mcs before I was successful. It's good to get pg quickly, but you only need one that works! - getting pg fast can sometimes lead to more heartbreak. I am so sorry for both of your losses. Are you in the process of having any medical investigations about fertility?

Barney2009 · 06/11/2023 16:28

@Ilianor i was on my second month of clomid when I conceived but I have been told my fertility is unexplained, so it’s just not helpful but what can you do? My age is probably a factor as I am 39 but I’m very healthy so it just makes no sense. Life can be so cruel

Ilianor · 06/11/2023 16:34

If it's at all reassuring, I was 41 when I had my second (successful) pregnancy.

Matildahoney · 06/11/2023 16:34

I really wish people wouldn't do the whole you're much for fertile after a MC. For some people that may be true, for others is not, and makes it even more disheartening when you don't get your bfp in the next couple of months. I had an MC at 12 weeks in the Sept, I got my bfp in May! Good luck.

Barney2009 · 06/11/2023 16:40

I’m just taking comfort in the fact that I now know pregnancy is possible because I have spent the past 2 years thinking it wasn’t. When this is over we’re going to try again, I won’t give up yet. Just a waiting game now and not sure if I’ll miscarry naturally seeing as it’s been there for 6 weeks, don’t want surgery if I can avoid it but from what I have read there may not be a choice

momtoboys · 06/11/2023 16:49

Hi - I had a miscarriage and went onto have 4 more children.

Longbarn5 · 06/11/2023 21:17

Barney2009 · 06/11/2023 16:40

I’m just taking comfort in the fact that I now know pregnancy is possible because I have spent the past 2 years thinking it wasn’t. When this is over we’re going to try again, I won’t give up yet. Just a waiting game now and not sure if I’ll miscarry naturally seeing as it’s been there for 6 weeks, don’t want surgery if I can avoid it but from what I have read there may not be a choice

My friend tried for three years, then had an MC, now 7 months pregnant. I had an MMC recently. Had surgical management last Friday and recovering easily, physically anyway.

Longbarn5 · 06/11/2023 21:18

I should also have said sorry for your loss, I know it is awful!

ImmyJ36 · 06/11/2023 22:29

Hi, sleepless night has made me decide to post with the hope of some reassurance. I’m not savvy with all the abbreviations which are used on here so apologies in advance!
I had a missed miscarriage with surgical intervention at 12 weeks back end of August. I bled on an off for about 3 weeks and since then have only had one very short light period beginning of October. I used OPKs and could see estrogen climbing but I never got an LH surge. I’m now cycle day 31 and patiently waiting for another period so I can start tracking again with the hope to conceive. I’m just struggling, time is going so slowly and I’m wondering if there is something wrong with me cus I’ve not ovulated since the miscarriage. Does it take some time to get back into regular cycles and ovulation after a surgical abortion? How long until I should worry? Thanks x

Barney2009 · 07/11/2023 08:25

@Longbarn5 sorry for your loss too. How was the procedure? And if you don’t mind me asking how many weeks were you when you found out, I’m not sure how they’ll manage mine as it died at 6 weeks but I would have been 12 weeks today

Longbarn5 · 08/11/2023 20:26

Barney2009 · 07/11/2023 08:25

@Longbarn5 sorry for your loss too. How was the procedure? And if you don’t mind me asking how many weeks were you when you found out, I’m not sure how they’ll manage mine as it died at 6 weeks but I would have been 12 weeks today

Thank you and the procedure actually went realky well. They were sure they got everything and this evening, less than a week later, my HCG is 0. Feels slightly sad saying that but I want go try again as soon as possible, so...
I was the sane as you on the timeframe, strangely enough. First pregnancy and I was 12 weeks gestation exactly on scan date with embryo being six weeks only with no heartbeat. Terrible shock!

Barney2009 · 08/11/2023 20:54

@Longbarn5 its so strange isn’t and the shock is like nothing I’ve ever experienced before. The more I read the more I hear how common it all is and all around the same time. I guess we have to be thankful it happened as it’s our bodies telling us something wasn’t right and it wasnt meant to be this time. Sad as it is I think it’s important to try and take some comfort in that. We want to try again quickly too, it will be scary but we want to try. I wasn’t sure if I’d ever fall so now I know I can I want to keep going. Fortunately, I am miscarrying naturally now and it hasn’t been horrendous, but I have a scan on Monday to check progress. I hope it all works out for you and you get another BFP soon x

Longbarn5 · 17/11/2023 22:05

Barney2009 · 08/11/2023 20:54

@Longbarn5 its so strange isn’t and the shock is like nothing I’ve ever experienced before. The more I read the more I hear how common it all is and all around the same time. I guess we have to be thankful it happened as it’s our bodies telling us something wasn’t right and it wasnt meant to be this time. Sad as it is I think it’s important to try and take some comfort in that. We want to try again quickly too, it will be scary but we want to try. I wasn’t sure if I’d ever fall so now I know I can I want to keep going. Fortunately, I am miscarrying naturally now and it hasn’t been horrendous, but I have a scan on Monday to check progress. I hope it all works out for you and you get another BFP soon x

Sorry, I've been a while responding, I lose track sometimes. Hope things are going ok for you? Strangely, I was just thinking the same about the 6 week thing. It does seem that quite a few MMCs are found where the embryo has stopped developing around the 6 week mark! I think there must be something that occurs at six weeks that is a bit of a turning point and embryos either make it through or they dont. Miscarriage and missed miscarriage still seem to be rather unspoken about. I have found four friends and acquaintances who have had MMCs and a scarily large number who have had miscarriages since my own loss.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.