My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find support and share your experiences on our Miscarriage forum.

Miscarriage/pregnancy loss

Unprotected sex 2 weeks after my miscarriage

5 replies

popcornprincess · 11/02/2008 13:21

Hi yesterday we had sex 17 days after my medical miscarriage. I was 12 weeks pregnant but the baby had died at 9+6. I've done some research and so far discovered that you can get pregnant straight away after a miscarriage but what are my chances considering I only stopped bleeding 3 days ago?

OP posts:
RBH · 11/02/2008 13:26

It depends when you ovulate. I got pregnant straight after mc2 with dd2. The foetus came out on Xmas day and I conceived dd2 around 25th Jan. I had stopped bleeding a couple of weeks before and then weed on sticks until I got an ovulation line. I normally have 30ish day cycles and ovulate around day 21.

According to my GP you are only told to wait for a period as it makes dating easier. As they do dating scans anyway I figure it is outdated info anyway.

Good luck with TTC.

motherhurdicure · 11/02/2008 13:28

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn

popcornprincess · 11/02/2008 13:28

Thanks - i did wonder why they tell you to wait - I thought it might be because your body isn't ready but then surely if that was the case then you wouldn't fall pregnant in the first place . Surely though, I can't ovulate until after the bleeding has stopped?

OP posts:
popcornprincess · 11/02/2008 13:29

Thanks ladies - I'm putting the thread everywhere so as to get a good response - is that ok or will mumsnet tell me off?

OP posts:
motherhurdicure · 11/02/2008 13:36

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.