Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Possible miscarriage

Handmaid2019 · 24/07/2022 17:41

Does anyone have any experience with this? So I’m 7 weeks 3 days according to my last period. Not entirely certain when I ovulated but I think on around cycle day 17. Anyway today I had an early scan booked, an hour before the scan I have started bleeding, red blood, no pains or anything.

Decided to go for the scan, they can see a yolk sac and are dating that at around 5 weeks 3 days. Can’t see a fetal pole. So they’ve said I either ovulated much later than I thought - but I’ve been having positive tests for well over 3 weeks now. Or it’s a missed miscarriage. They said to go back in 2 weeks for another scan, or go to the early pregnancy unit if the bleeding continues.

Still having strong symptoms of nausea, vomiting, sore boobs etc! I’m feeling certain that it’s a miscarriage waiting to happen.

OP's posts:
Please
or

ZoeQ90 · 25/07/2022 07:04

I'm so sorry you're going through this. If you're still bleeding, you can ring your EPU and they may so 48h HCG monitoring to give an indication of what's going on. Unfortunately, Pregnancy symptoms can continue even once a miscarriage is confirmed, it can take a few weeks for HCG to drop to normal. Nature's a bitch.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.