Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

TW: Miscarriage

MM1995 · 05/07/2022 20:51

Hi. I'm looking for some advice.
I found out I was pregnant just over one week ago and started experiencing bleeding a few days later. I went to the hospital and they done a blood test to confirm pregnancy and the sent me home to "let nature run its course". The following night I felt something pass into the toilet which looked like a sac and then one stringy but of blood. The next morning I went to the hospital for what was supposed to be a scan and they done a pregnancy test which was negative. They told me it looks like I have lost the pregnancy and sent me home. I have had no bleeding since and I'm not really sure what I should be doing now, do I just wait to see if any blood comes? I'm really scared about the miscarriage symptoms as I have health anxiety and have no idea what to except.

Thanks

OP's posts:
Please
or

MM1995 · 05/07/2022 20:53

Please note: I think I was between three to five weeks pregnant

OP's posts:
Please
or

justanotherlaura · 05/07/2022 21:01

I'm sorry you've gone through this. I had a loss at 5 weeks, I only ever spoke to a midwife over the phone. Once I'd had a negative test they said it was all over so no need to come in for a scan or anything. If you're the same as me I didn't bleed again once I'd had the negative test until my next period which was only a couple of days late basing my first cycle day as the first day of bleeding

Please
or

MM1995 · 05/07/2022 21:07

Thank you, that makes me feel a bit better. I do feel a bit nauseous but hopefully that should clear up quickly

OP's posts:
Please
or

justanotherlaura · 05/07/2022 21:16

I remember telling the midwife I was still feeling nauseous when I called about the negative test, I think the hormones were still settling. I'm pretty sure a week after the bleeding I was physically back to normal. Mentally it takes a lot longer to be ok, so take care of yourself

Please
or

JuniperandI · 05/07/2022 21:22

I'm so sorry for your loss.

All 3 of my miscarriages were very early (between 3.5 and 4.5 weeks). They were all like heavy periods with a little bit of cramping. I hope yours is uncomplicated and over quickly. Take care of yourself.

Please
or

Thousandthingstosay · 05/07/2022 21:50

Others have given advice. I just wanted to send love and kind thoughts as you recover. Flowers

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.