Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Pregnant after miscarriage

cassiejasmine · 05/06/2022 15:01

So after trying for a year and a half the beginning of this year we found out we were pregnant.. unfortunately after 6weeks we started bleeding and pain which ended in miscarriage back in March. Fast forward to Monday (30th may) we got a positive pregnancy test! I'm so happy but so petrified! My last period was 2/5/22 so we're barely 5 weeks.. I keep having a lot of cramps, lower back ache, thigh ache! I'm so paranoid and worried! What are the chances of a reassurance scan on the NHS? I've not got many pregnancy symptoms other than sore breast, vivid dreams and food avoidance.

I took the test Monday (30/5/22) which was a very faint positive and then took another test Saturday (4/06/22) which was a strong positive.

Pregnant after miscarriage Pregnant after miscarriage
OP's posts:
Please
or

ZoeQ90 · 11/06/2022 07:32

Wishing you all the best for this pregnancy. I have no idea the chances of a reassurance scan. To be honest, personally, I'm quite soured by how my miscarriage was treated and wouldn't expect any additional support or consideration for my mental health in my next pregnancy but i sincerely you get all you need and are feeling happy and settled soon

Please
or

BalooBear1 · 24/06/2022 09:16

Hi CassieJasmine!! I saw your story and had to post. After a year of trying we fell pregnant in April and miscarried in May at just over 6 weeks. 4 weeks later I had this feeling and tested and turns out we are pregnant again after just one time having sex! I didn't actually have a period inbetween which has been confusing with dates etc but I think I am about 5 weeks and 2 days pregnant at the moment and the midwife I have spoken to reckons about the same. Last week I had some cramps and quite bad back pain for about 2 1/2 days. I think it works out as implantation bleeding but after going through the miscarriage previously and that being all I know it's really difficult not to worry about everything. I check for blood every time I go to the toilet so completely understand your anxiousness! I spoke to the Midwife about having an early scan because of the cramping etc but she said as it's stopped they only allow early scans for women with cramping or blood or that have previously had 3 recurrent miscarriages so really gutting as I won't stop worrying until that first scan.

Hope you are feeling okay now and I would love to know how you are getting on! Sending you and baby positive thoughts

Please
or

cassiejasmine · 24/06/2022 10:29

Thank you for replying!! I ended up booking a early scan myself (private).. we went Tuesday just gone, she couldn’t see a fetal pole, just the sac and yolk and said my dates were behind- I was 6 weeks not 7 weeks, so I’m back in two weeks time where I should be 8 weeks! My anxiety is sooooo high! I have recurrent nightmares about miscarrying and every time I go the toilet I’m checking for blood! I’ve had loads of cramps but they always ease up and go so I know I’m not eptopic as that’s constant pain- plus she checked my ovaries on the private scan and said I’ve got a cyst which is normal but she’s going to check on the next scan!

How far gone are you now? I’m okay just on edge with life 😂 sending you positive thoughts ❤️❤️

OP's posts:
Please
or

BalooBear1 · 24/06/2022 17:15

It was good to read something that I related to for once! I was thinking about booking a private scan myself in a couple of weeks once I am far enough along. I literally check every single time I wipe. I tend to have cramps in the evening before bed as well which worries me each day because my last miscarriage started just before I went to sleep. We will just have to be anxious together 😅I am just over 5 weeks so I am a week behind you. It would be nice to keep each other updated actually since we are so close! I have heard cysts are pretty normal, I wonder if that is causing any cramps? They checked my ovaries at my scan when I had the miscarriage and was told they were "unremarkable" so that's a good thing I guess!

Please
or

cassiejasmine · 25/06/2022 06:26

i would if I was you! Even though I’ve gotta go back because I’m not far enough like we thought, she did check my ovaries the lot- I did pay a bit extra for like a wellfair package, still was only £60! Honestly I’m exactly the same and I’m so glad I’m not the only one! Sometimes I feel crazy and I just cry 🥲 think that’s hormones and worry! It’s okay.. we’ll be okay 🤞🏽 Yeah I’m not worried about the cysts tbh I’ve had them before when pregnant and the doctors have never entertained them but I do have bad cramps at night too so I wonder is it is linked! Would make sense! Would also ease our minds a bit 😅 that’s good then!! I didn’t have the positive feed bad I traumatised the sonographer because in her words she’s “never seen so much blood” 🫠🫣 We will have to keep each other updated definitely!!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Hopingforarainbow27 · 29/06/2022 14:54

Hi girls. I've had 4 losses in two years and am pregnant again. It's so hard to navigate!!

Please
or

BalooBear1 · 01/07/2022 11:41

Oh wow, I'm so sorry but very happy to hear you are pregnant again, congratulations!!
I just feel like a ball of anxiety!

Please
or

Hopingforarainbow27 · 01/07/2022 14:49

@BalooBear1 thank you. I was out shopping today and had a stitch type feeling on my left side. Obviously thinking what does that mean and is it bad 🤦🏽‍♀️

Please
or

cassiejasmine · 05/07/2022 16:31

I had a private scan today, measuring under by 2 weeks and no heart beat 😥 hospital tomorrow to comfirm. I’m absolutely heartbroken. No symptoms of miscarriage. Still have pregnancy symptoms.

OP's posts:
Please
or

BalooBear1 · 05/07/2022 18:01

Oh @cassiejasmine I'm so so sorry. I can't imagine how you are feeling. Here of you need to talk about it. Let me know how the hospital appointment goes.

I actually have my first private scan this evening so we shall see xx

Please
or

Hopingforarainbow27 · 05/07/2022 19:55

@cassiejasmine I'm right here with you 💞💞

Please
or

cassiejasmine · 05/07/2022 19:56

@BalooBear1 im so sorry what did they say xx

OP's posts:
Please
or

Lynette2008 · 06/07/2022 00:11

I recently miscarried and had D&C in May..it is now July I have heard that you get pregnant easier after miscarriage how long did it take you all to become positive again? was it hard?

Please
or

cassiejasmine · 06/07/2022 05:00

Took me 2 months but they think I’ve had a missed miscarriage

OP's posts:
Please
or

Hopingforarainbow27 · 06/07/2022 05:37

@Lynette2008 I had a [email protected] in March and tried again in June and am pregnant again. It is hard

Please
or

Hopingforarainbow27 · 06/07/2022 05:37

@cassiejasmine how r u this morning

Please
or

Lynette2008 · 06/07/2022 06:06

I'm so sorry

Please
or

BalooBear1 · 06/07/2022 08:53

@Lynette2008 I miscarried in May and I ended up getting pregnant about 2 weeks after without a period. It wasn't intentional either!

I had a private scan last night and I saw the baby and their heat beating. I'm 7 weeks 1 day.

@cassiejasmine Thinking about you this morning xx

Please
or

cassiejasmine · 06/07/2022 10:56

so glad all is okay ❤️ Wishing you all the best ❤️❤️

OP's posts:
Please
or

cassiejasmine · 06/07/2022 20:06

So went to the hospital today.. they said if I measure under 7 weeks then I have to wait and come back to be rescanned.. bit cruel really. So measured like 6 weeks on the scan, that means having to wait and go back. After speaking to the midwife, they thought we had a visual on heart beat then it went.. I explained first scan I was measuring small and there was just yolk and sac, then second scan there was fetal pole but no heart beat.. after realisation that this would be my second miscarriage in 4 months she said because there is a chance that a heart beat may come in the 2 weeks she’s gave me progesterone vaginal caps to try as they’ve been proven to help 1%.. not much but no harm in trying. I kinda know in my heart that it’s no longer alive but there’s no harm in trying.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Hopingforarainbow27 · 06/07/2022 20:18

@cassiejasmine aw, that's not nice for you at all!
Hoping this works for you!!!! Here if u need to offload

Please
or

Hopingforarainbow27 · 06/07/2022 20:25

@cassiejasmine I actually had my first scan booked for the 18th when I should be 6 weeks but as my cycle is long I phoned today and put it off to the week after so I should be 7 weeks because last time I went thinking I was 6 I was only 5 and all they could see was yolk sac and then it sent my head away because I thought the worst!

Please
or

cassiejasmine · 06/07/2022 20:29

According to my period I should be 9 weeks 😥 so it’s not very hopefully but I know I ovulate late. But it all confuses me tbh! Yeah I can imagine! With my youngest (now 7) I had a scan at 6 weeks and there was no heart beat then went again and there was a visible heart beat… but I dunno. It’s all very strange. Had no bleeding. Still got pregnancy symptoms, even got toothache and a infected tooth which I normally tend to get when pregnant! (Pregnancy kills my teeth off!) but I don’t know I’m still not hopefully, but at least I can say I tried everything!
fingers crossed for your scan xx

OP's posts:
Please
or

Hopingforarainbow27 · 06/07/2022 20:50

I know, it's hard to be hopeful. It wears you down. So are you going back in two weeks?
Thank you, I'm trying to forget about it but it's hard when it's all you want. This is my fourth pregnancy and still no take home baby! So I'm just going through the motions atm

Please
or

cassiejasmine · 09/07/2022 12:38

Back on the 20th.. been given progesterone pessarys to see if it can support the pregnancy. I think it’s gone tbh. No symptoms now really, other than what the pessarys are giving me. This will be my 3rd baby this year if still no heart beat on the 20th, very hard to try to be positive.
fingers crossed for you my love, genuinely hope all goes as well as can be x

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.