Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Misoprostol experiences

Atnaforange · 01/05/2022 10:26

Hi guys I was confirmed as having a missed misscarriage at 11 weeks last Thursday. I took the first tablet under supervision in the hospital and then was given 4 misoprostol tablets to take at home 24-36 hours later. Within 4 hours the tablets kicked in and I had very bad cramping, heavy bleeding with clots and tissue and horrific diarrhoea. After about 5 hours the worst of the bleeding had passed but 2 days later and I still have the bad cramping and diarrhoea.... is this normal? I am still bleeding a lot aswel but its not super heavy.

OP's posts:
Please
or

frangipani13 · 01/05/2022 10:30

Firstly I’m so so sorry for your loss. I’ve had a few and can relate to this. Two of mine were managed in the same way as yours, very acute pain/bleeding about 12ish hours and then it tailed off very soon. If you’re concerned please contact your early pregnancy unit and they will advise. I get the feeling this is all quite individual and we probably all react to the drugs in a slightly different way.

Please
or

frangipani13 · 01/05/2022 10:32

I took strong painkillers to manage the pain - you can by paracetemol with codeine over the counter x

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.