Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Bleeding after ERPC

cdsph · 26/04/2022 13:04

Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone could share their experiences of bleeding after their ERPC.

Long story short: Missed miscarriage at 8 weeks, two failed medical managements leading to an ERPC - so almost 6 weeks of crap now. I had my ERPC 5 days ago and for the first 2/3 days I was fine, minimal bleeding and no pain, now bleeding seems to have kicked in and I ache all round my hips/lower back etc. GP put me on antibiotics yesterday as a precaution for infection but I currently don't have fever or smelly blood, but at least I'm on them now to try and nip anything in the bud.

Just wondering if anyone else had weird bleeding patterns/aches and twinges post ERPC? GP said people heal differently and I'm currently a SAHM to a 16 month old so rest isn't really an option.

Any advice, experiences, moans all welcome!

Thanks

OP's posts:
Please
or

Tittyfilarious81 · 26/04/2022 13:09

@cdsph Hi op , I'm sorry for your loss , my bleeding and pain was similar to what you are describing. The bleeding lasted around 7 days for me and the pain around 2 weeks Flowers

Please
or

cdsph · 27/04/2022 09:47

Tittyfilarious81 · 26/04/2022 13:09

@cdsph Hi op , I'm sorry for your loss , my bleeding and pain was similar to what you are describing. The bleeding lasted around 7 days for me and the pain around 2 weeks Flowers

Hiya, thank you so much for your response and glad I'm not the only one who doesn't seem to be following 'the norm'

Pain seems to have eased now (not sure if it's the antibiotics or it would naturally have done so) but the bleeding is still like a heavy period. It's only been 6 days but it's just freaking me out being so light at the start and now heavy.

God I hope it just stops on it's own!

OP's posts:
Please
or

fuckwhatshouldido · 27/04/2022 19:32

I’ve had a couple of D&C/ERPCs and one round of medical management (for separate miscarriages not the same one!) and IME weird cramps/pains and on/off bleeding is all normal. Just your body settling down again and going back to normal. And obviously the abx will stop any infection which is the main worry so you should be fine, I expect the bleeding will settle again soon 💐

Please
or

cdsph · 11/05/2022 16:12

Hiya, just to update!

3 weeks post ERPC and I'm still bleeding on and off. Pregnancy tests are negative and EPU just keep saying 'give it another week, it might now be your period' which is really frustrating as I am petrified of retained product.

Anyone else bleed for this long and it still be ok?

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.