Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

First period after miscarriage

MooBugz · 13/04/2022 18:42

So a week last Saturday I started with brown spotting for 3 days then the red bleeding and I’m still bleeding now. If I count from spotting then I’m on day 12, if from red bleeding/heavier flow then day 9.
My usual period was around 5-6 days and I know to expect a change after miscarriage but wondered how long was your first period? Some days I feel like it almost disappears only to return the following day after being up for hours.

I’m just so fed up of seeing the sight of red already..

OP's posts:
Please
or

curliegirlie · 13/04/2022 21:49

Oh so sorry to read this, must be so frustrating. How many weeks were you at your MC? I had an early MC in March (must have been 5 weeks or sooner, but my positive tests lingered for another 3 weeks) and just had my first post MC period earlier this week, which lasted one light and 3 medium days. Did you have it confirmed that everything had come away beforehand?

Please
or

MooBugz · 13/04/2022 22:22

I was 11 weeks and started bleeding and scan confirmed baby was measuring around 8 weeks. Miscarried naturally next day and follow up scan 3 days after confirmed everything had passed. I’ve been testing positive until just last week so had taken a while and now this. Just feels like it never ends. I’m mentally trying to move on but physically stuck in limbo 😞 X

OP's posts:
Please
or

MooBugz · 22/04/2022 20:39

Just a little update in case anyone needs to hear it. I know I scoured the internet to find someone in the same position!

I got my first period on the 29th day from miscarriage and have been bleeding for 3 full weeks. The flow has been up and down as has been the clots/colour which keeps changing. The cramps and backache have been ongoing too.

I called the early pregnancy unit to ask for advice and they had said they would want to see me especially if I hadn’t got a negative test by 3 weeks after mc (I was still testing positive at 4.5 weeks).

I went had an internal scan yday to check all is ok and everything was looking fine down there. This is just to let anyone else unlucky enough to be bleeding out for weeks to say it’s ok I’m with you girls and it’s our bodies taking time to reset after a horrific ordeal. X

OP's posts:
Please
or

Lozzi90 · 30/04/2022 13:53

@MooBugz I could literally write this myself, its horrific isnt it, currently on week 6 of bleeding since MC. Testing negative on pregnancy test. And had 3 days about 2 weeks ago where i didnt bleed and thought it would now be finished. Nope started again quite heavy and passing clots in the begining, and its still going. although now its quite light. Have you stopped bleeding now? Silly question but how did you know it was your period after MC? Could this be mine now? Sorry to hear your going through this also. Sending Hugs x

Please
or

MooBugz · 30/04/2022 15:10

Hi @Lozzi90 oh I feel your frustration and hope it eases up soon, could it be your period since you had a few days break?

I had my initial 10day max bleeding then nothing for two weeks and on the 29th day bled and assumed it was period given the timescale we are told 4-6 weeks.

Pleased to say I finally stopped bleeding on Monday followed by a few days noticeable cramping and now all ok.

Just playing the waiting game now to see whether my cycle will now be longer this month or if I will get another period in a few days as my cycle before MC was around 30days. It seems everyone has a different story which makes sense as all bodies are different 😫

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.