My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find support and share your experiences on our Miscarriage forum.

Miscarriage/pregnancy loss

I am miscarrying right now not sure what to do...

56 replies

deeno · 08/01/2008 21:42

My second m/c. Last one at eleven wks. This one neary 12 wks. Last time ended up losing everything down the loo. went to hospital as bleeding wouldnt stop. Refused d & c and eventually it stopped. Horrible expereince and dreading what I know is going to come. Bright red blood I have had for couple of days now has become heavier and two big clots have just come away from me. I have managed to save them. Am I doing the right thing saving them to take to hospital. I am at home now and don't want to rush off to hospital. Should I stay at home and just wait for inevitable to happen. Dreading hospital. Bleeding heavily now. Need to go back to loo.

OP posts:
OracleInaCoracle · 08/01/2008 21:44

oh you poor poor thing. ring epu. are you alone?

gigglewitch · 08/01/2008 21:47

know it's soooo hard, but think you'd be better getting medical help.
Take care

Aitch · 08/01/2008 21:49

oh i'm so, so sorry. perhaps you should ring the hospital? i'm sorry this wee one looks like they're not going to make it.

MissingMyHeels · 08/01/2008 21:49

If you feel faint, are soaking more than a sanitary towel in an hour or are in so much pain you can't focus then go to the hospital.

So sorry you are having to go through this again, life is just not fair sometimes.

yellowbean · 08/01/2008 21:50

oh you poor thing... can you ring epau?

Spidermama · 08/01/2008 21:50

Oh so sorry deeno. I had two mcs too and the second was at home. I caught it all in a basin, saved the sac for burial and flushed the rest.

Is it hurting or are you OK? Is anyone with you?

Bubble99 · 08/01/2008 21:51

deeno. Is there anyone at home with you?

OracleInaCoracle · 08/01/2008 21:51

12w is quite late. you know you have to go to hospital dont you?

wish there was something i could say to you. xx

bossybritches · 08/01/2008 21:51

Oh deeno- I feel for you- been there myself. Get off to hospital so they can check you out even if you don't stay.

Is anyone with you?

Bubble99 · 08/01/2008 21:52

deeno. Did you have an early scan with this pg? Is there any chance you may be pg with twins?

Spidermama · 08/01/2008 21:52

The bulk of my second one came out during the rugby world cup final so I was largly ignored but I didn't care. Being a second one I guess I just got on with it.

Do what you need/want to do. It sounds to me like you don't want a D & C. I didn't either and I'm really glad because for me, in the long run, it really helped with the grieving and I needed to be in control of the whole thing.

Feel free to email me direct on jo underground at aol dot com.

Look after yourself. xx

cadelaide · 08/01/2008 21:53

My 2nd mc ws at 12 weeks and my gp said I didn't need to go to hospital. It gets a bit scarey though doesn't it?
Do you have anyone with you deeno?
I dealt with it same as Spidermama.

Lubyloo · 08/01/2008 21:54

So sorry deeno. I hope someone is with you.

cadelaide · 08/01/2008 21:55

Oh I didn't have a D & C with either.
Wasn't offered it tbh.

kittywise · 08/01/2008 21:55

So sorry {{hugs}}, if it's any help when I had my first m/c at 12 weeks I bled VERY heavily indeed, I soaked towel after towel when things were finally coming out.
So it is normal to bleed very heavily BUT you must judge how well you are feeling. It is normal to experience severe cramping and blood loss but if you feel dizzy and unwell then seek help.
I think if you are at all concerned you should get help.

The chances are it will be ok for you physically.
I really hope you manage to get through this ok, my thoughts are with you.

cadelaide · 08/01/2008 21:56

kittywise was indeed wise

Spidermama · 08/01/2008 21:56

I didn't either cadelaide.

Isn't it awful what women go through? So, so sorry deeno. Stay in touch because there are plenty of people on here who know exactly what you're going through.

cadelaide · 08/01/2008 21:58

It is awful Spidermama. I really feel for deeno right now.
We're all here deeno.

Spidermama · 08/01/2008 21:58

If you do catch it in a basin deeno then you can look at the biggest clots, possibly keep them if you're worried and show them to the doc.

My first was in hospital and they spent the whole time practically forcing me to have pethidine which I didn't want and which made me feel sick and disorientated.

My second, at home, was much easier and less stressful.

MrsWednesday · 08/01/2008 22:01

Deeno, I'm so sorry this is happening to you.

I had the same experience a couple of weeks ago (was also about 12 weeks).

Do you have a local Early Pregnancy Unit you could call? I rang the EPU when it started and they said to come in if I felt faint. In the end I collapsed on the kitchen floor after losing quite a bit of blood/clots, so DH had to phone an ambulance.

I think it might be a help to save the clots, horrible though it is, because the hospital can check them to see if everything has come away. I didn't keep mine though (flushed it down the loo), and it wasn't a problem - I just described what I'd seen.

In the end I was glad I went to the EPU because they checked me internally to make sure my cervix was clear (it wasn't, so was swabbed, like a smear test - nice), checked iron levels etc.

Much love to you, I'm sorry you're having to go through this. Please take care of yourself, make sure you take things really easy afterwards - I was surprised and shocked by how much it took out of me, mentally and physically. Take care.x

Pod1 · 08/01/2008 22:07

Do what you feel is best. I couldn't bear to collect anything but it's entirely up to you. You don't have to save anything. They can give you a scan to see what's what. Thinking about you x

bossybritches · 08/01/2008 22:08

Deeno are you alone?

expatinscotland · 08/01/2008 22:10

Nothing to add to all the wise words given here, deeno, except to say sorry for your loss.

cadelaide · 08/01/2008 22:10

Being a bit more practical here deeno than my previous posts, when the cramping got really bad I sort of crouched over the bath, then I could swill the blood away with the shower attachment and examine what was left.
It was fairly obvious when it was over and the cramping eased pretty quickly.
Sorry if this is tmi for anyone, no-one ever really talks about what actually happens do they?

Spidermama · 08/01/2008 22:12

They don't cadelaid. And yet so many of us go through it. I remember thinking, 'Why didn't anyone tell me?' I didn't know about MN at the time.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.