Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Retained products after miscarriage

helloimlaura · 03/03/2022 19:02

Hi everyone,

I had medical management for a missed miscarriage over 3 weeks ago. I did a pregnancy test after 3 weeks and it was still positive so I went back for a scan and they confirmed I had retained products of conception still attached to my womb lining.

I have another appointment in 10 days and if I haven't passed it by then (in my period if it comes) then I have to have surgery. I'm really worried that it will come to this as I really don't want to have the surgery :( has anyone else had this and their period came? I just don't understand how my period will come if my body still thinks I'm pregnant. I just want this all to be over and it's just being dragged out for so long.

I'm also really confused as I did an ovulation test 2 weeks later and it had a static smiley (peak ovulation) so we TTC. I know this is clutching at straws here but is there a chance I could be pregnant again and the tissue that showed up in the scan was new tissue? Not really sure it works like that but again clinging onto the slim chance.

If anyone had any advice or can share similar experiences that would appreciated :)

OP's posts:
Please
or

Yellowleadbetter · 03/03/2022 19:08

Hello.
Following medical management and feeling very unwell I assumed I had retained products.

I never ever bothered to do a pregnancy test as it was always positive for me up to 4 weeks after stopping bleeding following miscarriage.

Anyway I did go for a scan to check for retained products.
Turned out my retained products was a brand new pregnancy!
So yes it can happen. Smile

Please
or

Luckycharm19x · 10/03/2022 19:02

I lost my baby at 16 weeks and was sent home after giving birth. I had a feeling something was still there to come out but the hospital sent me home anyway. A few days later I passed some placenta at home and I had to go back to hospital, they asked if I would like to wait for it to come away (this was now 5 days post birth) or did I want to go for a D&C - which I did. I was really anxious but it was nowhere near as bad as I thought! Waiting for it to pass naturally can be quite dangerous xx

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.