Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

D&C vs Natural MC

rolypolydoly · 17/02/2022 10:06

I recently found out baby doesn't have a heartbeat. I should be 8 weeks. I have a confirmation scan soon and will be asked how I want to manage this.

Previously I had an MC naturally because I didn't know baby had died.

This time I'm considering D&C.

I don't want surgery and I'm not keen on the pessary/tablet option.

Could you tell me your experience of D&C, good or not so good?

Thank you

OP's posts:
Please
or

rolypolydoly · 17/02/2022 14:10

Hopeful bump

OP's posts:
Please
or

MadamMaltesers · 17/02/2022 16:44

I Had a d&c at 8 weeks a few months ago. My previous miscarriages were all natural and to be honest I would have preferred it that way this time aswell. I was abroad at the time and I was miscarrying naturally and they gave me a tablet to put underneath my tongue. Which slowed things right down, then ended up having the d&c. My worry is I might not get pregnant again due to scaring. I've heard some scary stories which are playing on my mind

Please
or

NorthernWanker · 17/02/2022 17:06

It depends on how long your willing to wait for things to happen naturally. I found out at 11 weeks baby stoped growing at about 7/8. I had the pessary twice but it didn't work. Ended up having an alternative to a D&C which is basically the same process but your awake, it's called a vacuum something or other (it's been a few years I can't remember it's name). I then had a few months of periods up the wall before falling pregnant again.

Please
or

rolypolydoly · 17/02/2022 17:49

Thank you for replying. My instant reaction was D&C to get it over with but now leaning more towards natural. Not sure I like the idea of stuff being scraped out

OP's posts:
Please
or

archewabg · 17/02/2022 17:56

Sorry for what you are going through. I had D&C two times which left a scar and had to have surgery to fix. The third time round I was already miscarrying so just took a pill.

D&C was quick and you won't feel much physical pain, but if I had to choose the natural was better for my body even though it was emotionally more difficult.

Please
or

rolypolydoly · 17/02/2022 18:56

Thank you, I think natural is better and have a feeling it's starting. Getting cramping and back pain

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.